Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby LJay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Heard straight from a horse's mouth that it will be a loooooooooooong time before Creighton schedules an MVC team.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby taa71458 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:26 pm

We owe those teams nothing.
taa71458

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:37 pm

JayPak wrote:
Old MVC Days wrote:Wouldn't mind us scheduling Drake for the sake of Jethro's.

Why not schedule Drake roadie, as long as it replaces a Central Arkansas, UTPA, or other awful RPI team? Should be a win, our fans would take over the Knapp even more than when we played them regularly due to scarcity (we could stipulate it be a weekend game and no barriers to Creighton fans buying tickets like requiring package buys), the RPI would get a bump over a normal patsy since it's a road game, and it would be a "safe" practice road game before playing more difficult contests.

And what if we lose? North Texas ring a bell? No thanks.
Jet915

Postby JayPak » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:34 am

Lose? With all the talent upgrade I keep reading about? Why should the risk of losing be any greater than playing an NC Central, UMKC, etc.? Now, if the reason for not doing it is financial, that I understand.

And for financial reasons, wouldn't there be a buyout of the perpetually postponed Loyola roadie? Or are we trying to increase exposure in Chicago?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:04 am

JayPak wrote:And for financial reasons, wouldn't there be a buyout of the perpetually postponed Loyola roadie? Or are we trying to increase exposure in Chicago?

I suspect buying out the game would require Loyola to agree. This game is a result of Bracketbusters where the rematch was required as opposed to a typical scheduling arrangement where a buyout clause is customary, agreed to in advance and part of the written scheduling agreement. Frankly, I don't know if the Bracketbuster games even had a buyout provision in the contract at all. Of course the two schools could always reach some sort of acceptable settlement, but maybe Loyola would rather have the game than the money (especially since we are now in the Big East instead of the MVC).
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby mredle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:22 am

AttyAlum wrote:
JayPak wrote:And for financial reasons, wouldn't there be a buyout of the perpetually postponed Loyola roadie? Or are we trying to increase exposure in Chicago?

I suspect buying out the game would require Loyola to agree. This game is a result of Bracketbusters where the rematch was required as opposed to a typical scheduling arrangement where a buyout clause is customary, agreed to in advance and part of the written scheduling agreement. Frankly, I don't know if the Bracketbuster games even had a buyout provision in the contract at all. Of course the two schools could always reach some sort of acceptable settlement, but maybe Loyola would rather have the game than the money (especially since we are now in the Big East instead of the MVC).

I think the Loyola game is already history.
mredle

Postby oakath » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:28 pm

FreddyMac wrote:
We knocked off major conference teams for years and when it came down to tournament selection time I never saw us listed as a bad loss on a resume and I never heard one of the analysts ever call it a bad loss.

The irony being Oklahoma decided to schedule Creighton and their loss in Omaha was seen as a bad one. Not that it affected their seed.
oakath

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 am

mredle wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

I think the Loyola game is already history.

I hope so...
Jet915

Postby wildjays » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57 am

Looks like the teams for the MGM Grand Main Event have changed. Rutgers is now in and penciled in to play Creighton in the pre-set semifinal on Nov. 23rd. The final would be on Nov. 25th. Not sure which of these is out--UMass, Georgia, Clemson.

Also, Howard and Central Arkansas are 2 of the 4 other teams in the home portion of the event. Don't know which ones will play at home against the Jays, but those two are playing against Rutgers for their home portion.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college ... /25777937/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:44 am

wildjays wrote:Looks like the teams for the MGM Grand Main Event have changed. Rutgers is now in and penciled in to play Creighton in the pre-set semifinal on Nov. 23rd. The final would be on Nov. 25th. Not sure which of these is out--UMass, Georgia, Clemson.

Also, Howard and Central Arkansas are 2 of the 4 other teams in the home portion of the event. Don't know which ones will play at home against the Jays, but those two are playing against Rutgers for their home portion.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college ... /25777937/

Good grief. Rutgers, Howard, and Central Arkansas? This has to be one of the worst early season tournaments out there.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops