Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:52 am

Duke1Agn wrote:
wildjays wrote:Looks like the teams for the MGM Grand Main Event have changed. Rutgers is now in and penciled in to play Creighton in the pre-set semifinal on Nov. 23rd. The final would be on Nov. 25th. Not sure which of these is out--UMass, Georgia, Clemson.

Also, Howard and Central Arkansas are 2 of the 4 other teams in the home portion of the event. Don't know which ones will play at home against the Jays, but those two are playing against Rutgers for their home portion.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college ... /25777937/

Good grief. Rutgers, Howard, and Central Arkansas? This has to be one of the worst early season tournaments out there.

Howard and Central Arkansas are the home game cupcakes, not the games that we would play in Vegas. For pretty much all of the exempt tourneys the home game cupcakes are pretty bad, although NC Central was decent last year.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

Ugh not a good draw for us looking to build this year. Really hope that were not playing central Arkansas this year as they finished 3rd from the bottom in RPI last year. On the plus side the article also points out Seton Hall isn't in the Gavitt Games so may be getting another big ten game to our schedule. ASU, Oklahoma, and top 8 big ten school wouldn't be a bad non con. Plus finals opponent in MGM (assuming we don't choke against dreadful Rutgers who somehow beat Wisky last year)
Eye of the Jay

Postby R Jay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:09 am

Unfortunately the two cupcakes are the nature of the beast. If you want to be part of a MTE that includes home games, you're going to have to play cupcakes. No major or solid mid-major is going to go on the road for two games with a fast turn around.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby section202jay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:34 am

I would think Central Arkansas would be slightly better next season. They only had one returning player for the entire team this past season. Still, I'd rather not play them.
section202jay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:Ugh not a good draw for us looking to build this year. Really hope that were not playing central Arkansas this year as they finished 3rd from the bottom in RPI last year. On the plus side the article also points out Seton Hall isn't in the Gavitt Games so may be getting another big ten game to our schedule. ASU, Oklahoma, and top 8 big ten school wouldn't be a bad non con. Plus finals opponent in MGM (assuming we don't choke against dreadful Rutgers who somehow beat Wisky last year)

Couple of things.

1. These bad games in these tournaments aren't as bad for us now that we are in the BE. Take care of what you are supposed to in the non-conf and have a good BE season and things will work out.
2. Not sure you can assume that if we are playing in the Gavitt Games that we'd be getting a top eight Big10 team. Keep in mind UNL is reportedly playing against Villanova and I'm pretty certain we can all agree that UNL is not in the top half of the Big10.
TrueBlueJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Well if we are in we aren't playing NU or Rutgers, so that burns two of the trashiest teams.
HandDownManDown

Postby wildjays » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Here's my yearly reminder that we are tracking the future non-conference schedules:

Jays:
http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-cr ... schedules/

Rest of Big East:
http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-bi ... schedules/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby LJay » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Yogi Farrell will return so Indy game will be stout challenge indeed.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Date for the Arizona State game is set: they'll visit Omaha on December 2, and the Jays will return the game next season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... um=twitter
WBR Tom

Postby OKBluejay » Fri May 01, 2015 7:20 am

Shortly before 7am CT this morning, Jon Rothstein tweeted that the Creighton/OU game will be on Saturday, Dec. 19 in Norman.
OKBluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops