Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:37 pm

This schedule is good, not great. It is definitely better than the trash schedule we had last year. As long as we have no more than 2 losses in nonconference, we will be fine.
Jet915

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Wisconsin game is a no-lose situation as well as the ASU game. Other than that we need to take care of business. Nebraska, all the paradise jam games, and the MAC games we should be favored but are all dangerous. Here are my way too early predictions:

UMKC - Easy W

Wisconsin - they are a great road team but the Jays have had their number this past decade. Jays 77-71

Washington St - similar to Rutgers game last year, slow start after big Wisky win and pull away to win by 15

NC St - they have a ton of talent coming in including a dominant front court (our weakness) lose a heartbreaker 67-64

St Joe's - a little rivalry renewal, with the loss of Bembry I see the Jays as being too much to handle 84-71

Loyola MD - easy W

Buffalo - they push us to OT but Jays pull it out.

Akron - not taking them lightly and the CLink is packed 79-69

At Nebraska - easy W ;) maybe not but I just can't see them competing well against us or the B10 this year.

Longwood - easy W

Oral Roberts - easy W ( please let this be the first time we play them this year )

At ASU - tough game that almost seems as regular as the Nebraska game with our recent history. Don't like the Jays out west and not a crushing loss 81-73

Truman St - easy W

There we go 11(10) - 2. Hope I'm wrong and they sweep the non-con but called 9-4 last year knowing Loyola and ASU would be tough ones. 4 more months!!
Eye of the Jay

Postby vjay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:38 am

Generally speaking I think the schedule is fine. I personally would like to see that big road test once in the non-con, but short of that it's a good schedule. Has anyone heard if the Buffalo and Akron games are "buys" or series? If either of these two are series', then I would have a change of opinion as to the goodness of the non-con slate.
vjay

Postby Panhandle Jay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:Wisconsin - they are a great road team but the Jays have had their number this past decade. Jays 77-71

We played them once and beat them. Name another time.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby Dundee Hipster » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:07 am

I don't know if this was posted or not but the times are up on the bracket for the Paradise Jam.

http://paradisejam.com/wp-content/uploa ... mbined.pdf
Dundee Hipster

Postby JayPharmAlum » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 am

Dundee Hipster wrote:I don't know if this was posted or not but the times are up on the bracket for the Paradise Jam.

7:30pm then? But no TV?
JayPharmAlum

Postby WBR Tom » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:53 am

JayPharmAlum wrote:
Dundee Hipster wrote:I don't know if this was posted or not but the times are up on the bracket for the Paradise Jam.

7:30pm then? But no TV?

No announcement on that yet, at least not that I'm aware of (they announced which tourney games CBS Sports Network picked to televise in mid-September last year).

To give you an idea of how it'll probably go, last year CBSSN showed two selected first round games, and the other two were webcast only; the semifinals and final, plus the third place game, were also on CBSSN. In other words, if you lose the first game, you're off TV the rest of the tourney. And if your first round game isn't chosen for TV, and you lose it, your entire tourney trip is webcast only.
WBR Tom

Postby jfan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:27 pm

If they televise two first round games this year like they did last year, it would be the last two games. No one will be watching the first two on a work day Friday. That would mean Creighton would be televised.
jfan

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:34 pm

Panhandle Jay wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Wisconsin - they are a great road team but the Jays have had their number this past decade. Jays 77-71

Touché. Game felt momentous at the time as we were ranked and gaining national respect. Only once though.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jays26 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:
Panhandle Jay wrote:

Touché. Game felt momentous at the time as we were ranked and gaining national respect. Only once though.

You must have been thinking of another Big 10 team. Oh wait, you used the word "great", never mind. 8-)
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops