Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby drbluejay » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:10 am

Easypaddy wrote:I like the afternoon games.

Attendance with drop for afternoon games, especially the students who are still sleeping At noon.
drbluejay

Postby Jays26 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:17 am

drbluejay wrote:
Easypaddy wrote:I like the afternoon games.

Attendance with drop for afternoon games, especially the students who are still sleeping At noon.

Oh no!!!!.....that will drop overall attendance by about 50.
Jays26

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:33 pm

The price of having all of your games televised is that you lose Saturday night games. A fair trade off IMO, despite the fact that my son's basketball schedule will often interfere with my ability to attend.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby WBR Tom » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:43 pm

AttyAlum wrote:The price of having all of your games televised is that you lose Saturday night games. A fair trade off IMO, despite the fact that my son's basketball schedule will often interfere with my ability to attend.

Exactly right. When TV dictates what time you play, this is the result. Welcome to big time college sports!

In 2013-14, five of the 18 conference games were matinees. In 2014-15, it was seven of the 18. It was six last year. This year, it's 10 of the 18. That's no accident -- with Fox/CBS televising every game, you either play more weekend afternoon games or play an irregular schedule with games every single night (or at strange times). Fox tried the latter strategy in 2013, and the Jays played conference games on all seven days of the week at some point, a fact that was not unique to them; coaches bitched about it because that created short turnaround times between some games and long gaps between others. So Fox took that feedback into consideration, and it's trended the other way the last three years.

Some fans bitched about the 8:15 tip times as being too late for their kids to stay awake for. Now the afternoon games are too early. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, etc.
WBR Tom

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:30 pm

agree - MVC games - schedule 'em when you want for the most part - because 'welcome to regional fox or local TV broadcast'

and - want prime time games? win and be a team everyone wants to see - and the TV gods will put you on when everyone is watching
cujaysfan

Postby LJay » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Georgetown in at #50 and sixth in the league. Sounds about right. With all the talent they could be better but JTIII seems to get the least out of talent in many years.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews
89 - 60
LJay

Postby LJay » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Butler in at #35 and 5th in the league just ahead of the mighty Turds at #37 and #1 in the blow valley.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13625
89 - 60
LJay

Postby D Jay Fan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Bleacher report has Wisconsin as final four material. We get the strongest team of the Big 10. Really big game for our 2nd game of the year with one or two different starters (which is normal) vs a team that won't have any changes to their team that went to the sweet 16 in last year's Tournament.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2653 ... -standings

As an added bonus, they have Rutgers over NU
D Jay Fan

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Wisconsin lost 1 senior, in little used Gd jordan Smith. The team is not deep and will rely heavily on their ironmen and a hoard of pure and redshirted frosh. They will rely on 7 frosh to augment 9 returnees, of which Koenig, Showalter, and Hayes have over 30mpg. Happ and Brown are over 20 mpg. They generally run 7 deep, with Illikainen and Thomas under 10 mpg.

If their ironmen get tired, have an off night, or get into foul trouble...they will have major issues. They have a ton of questions to answer, a heap of chemistry and leadership work to do, and the burden of exceedingly high expectations on their shoulders. Jays get them at home 2 games into the season. I like the upset.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby section202jay » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 am

Really a no lose game for us. It's just a great opportunity.
section202jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops