Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:46 pm

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... /83013494/

This is fantastic News. After living in Madison for a couple years around all their arrogant fans I CAN'T WAIT to get them in the Clink, especially after what they did to X in the tourney. I bet anything Wisconsin was offered a different date to visit Cincy and they said hell no. We know all Musketeers fans will be watching and rooting from Ohio, Puerto Rico and beyond. I also remember Badger boys being assholes after we beat them in Vegas back in 2013 .... saying stuff like "yeah, enjoy going back to nebraska" like Wisconsin was some sort of cosmopolitan mecca or something.

I'm already so psyched for next year.
whiteandblue77

Postby Panhandle Jay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Why all the hate for Wisconsin? We played them once.

Unless it stems from you being a Nebraska football fan. Which in that case, blech.

Everyone excited to play them is going to regret it when the score is 40-39 with a minute to go.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby PIAJay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Reasons to hate Whiskey:
1: Bo Ryan. Hang dog faced cheating bastard.
2. They are ruining the game of basketball. Just compare the enjoyment level of watching the Jays offensive sets and wisconsins. They win games, but there is no joy in it.
If Creighton and Wisconsin were contestants in a beauty contest, the Jays would be Ms Argentina with the huge yaboo's. Wisconsin would be Ms Papau New Guinea who gets great scores in the talent contest and current events.
Papau New Guinea might win the contest , but there's no fun in it. And if she wins too often, people will stop watching.
3. Screw Bo Ryan.
"I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this,
I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth shit"
Dallas Green
PIAJay

Postby taa71458 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 pm

You know Bo Ryan no longer coaches there, right?
taa71458

Postby PIAJay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Yep. Screw Bo.
"I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this,
I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth shit"
Dallas Green
PIAJay

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Right now they are top 10 in ESPN's "way to early" top 25, so we get the highest ranked B1G Gavitt participant at home. EARLY. A top ten win and we could jump right into the rankings right outta the starting gate. Can't believe how much the Big East has changed everything for this program. Seven months of waiting, ho hum.
whiteandblue77

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Right now they are top 10 in ESPN's "way to early" top 25, so we get the highest ranked B1G Gavitt participant at home. EARLY. A top ten win and we could jump right into the rankings right outta the starting gate. Can't believe how much the Big East has changed everything for this program. Seven months of waiting, ho hum.

Didn't someone already have us "way too early" in the Top 25? If that plays out, an early victory against arguably the best Big 10 team could catapult us into the mid-teens.

We're winning the national championship, aren't we?
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:40 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:Right now they are top 10 in ESPN's "way to early" top 25, so we get the highest ranked B1G Gavitt participant at home. EARLY. A top ten win and we could jump right into the rankings right outta the starting gate. Can't believe how much the Big East has changed everything for this program. Seven months of waiting, ho hum.

Didn't someone already have us "way too early" in the Top 25? If that plays out, an early victory against arguably the best Big 10 team could catapult us into the mid-teens.

We're winning the national championship, aren't we?

yep, both CBS (Parrish - Vecenie, etc.) and Jon Rothstein have the Jays in their preseason polls.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby BoarCommaThe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Wisconsin game will be on Tuesday, November 15th per Jon Rothstein.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:57 pm

PIAJay wrote:Reasons to hate Whiskey:
1: Bo Ryan. Hang dog faced cheating bastard.
2. They are ruining the game of basketball. Just compare the enjoyment level of watching the Jays offensive sets and wisconsins. They win games, but there is no joy in it.
If Creighton and Wisconsin were contestants in a beauty contest, the Jays would be Ms Argentina with the huge yaboo's. Wisconsin would be Ms Papau New Guinea who gets great scores in the talent contest and current events.
Papau New Guinea might win the contest , but there's no fun in it. And if she wins too often, people will stop watching.
3. Screw Bo Ryan.

If making Sweet 16s, Final Fours, and National Championship games is "ruining" basketball, then I hope McDermott destroys Creighton basketball.
Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops