Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby blueblood » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:14 am

Hate the term Mid Major. A good team is a good team and a shitty team is a shitty team. Using the label mid major and power conference is literally all abut pounding one's chest. If you are a knowledgeable about college basketball then you should know that. Creighton fans have had to deal with that false made up label for as long as it has existed and I refused to use it then and I refuse to use it now.

Our schedule is different than most. Some need to fill seats, some just want to make money, some have a big class ahead, some are rebuilding, and some are just chicken shits. For the time being for us it is not about name schools to fill seats because we fill seats no matter who we play. I would assume the last two years were easier for us to schedule because we were picked 9th in the Big East. This year is different. We are seen as on the uptick so not as many want to play us with a potential loss in the game.

I think Merfeld is the main person in charge of our schedule. His job is to get a mix. Not an easy job. I know for a fact that this year has been similar to years past where we are getting multiple no's. Not just to us being good or bad but more about dates available of both teams. Ya there are some chicken shits out there but schedules are tough logistically. We have been and are in talks with some "name" schools but it just has not been worked out yet. We have reached out and have been told no.

I would consider UNO as a fall back plan. I would consider WSU as a fall back plan. Yes playing them would be the moral thing to do. Good for the area so lets throw them a bone. Fuck that. Is it good for us and our resume? UNO is no different than any other team except that they are in the same city. WSU is a great team that could potentially suck next year. I would assume both would jump even if asked late in the scheduling game. With that being the case we swing for the fences knowing we can always call those two come July.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

HandDownManDown wrote:Lol@ vivid

We had this exact convo a year ago.

I said exactly what you state one should say (in your second to last paragraph) and you about had a stroke over the hypocrisy anyway!

I actually (sadly?) remember that exchange. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a stroke directed at you. Perhaps a few aneurysms directed at others who maintained that there were no inconsistencies. I still think that position is a bit hypocritical, but at least it's honest.
vivid_dude

Postby wildjays » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 am

Longwood is on the 2016-17 schedule.

http://lancersblog.com/2016/03/25/sched ... creighton/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:35 am

wildjays wrote:Longwood is on the 2016-17 schedule.

Bleh!!!
ictjay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 pm

NC State (Paradise Jam) is taking hits. Cat Barber going pro and the Martin twins set to transfer.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:49 pm

wildjays wrote:Longwood is on the 2016-17 schedule.

OUCH. Guaranteed rpi killer.
Jet915

Postby LynchMob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:11 pm

This staff is not inspiring confidence when it comes to scheduling. What is even the point of a game like that? Scrimmage against an intramural team would be just as good if not better.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Longwood. Mother...

There goes the entire theory of dropping RPI killers (280+) and playing winnable games against teams 150-250 RPI. We'd be much better off playing Bellevue University, and I mean that seriously. Don't take an RPI hit like that.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:Longwood. Mother...

There goes the entire theory of dropping RPI killers (280+) and playing winnable games against teams 150-250 RPI. We'd be much better off playing Bellevue University, and I mean that seriously. Don't take an RPI hit like that.

Yeah, I guess the coaches must have thought this year's non-con was ok if you are scheduling trash like Longwood.....
Jet915

Postby cu8493 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Very disappointing. They were 7-23 last year and played no one with an RPI above 130. sos was 302 and their RPI was 323. Unbelievably bad game to schedule. I don't get it. Just my opinion, but maybe if ticket holders skip the games like this they will quit scheduling them. I know we need some buy games, but we can do better than this.
cu8493

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops