Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Found it. This was the press release posted on GoCreighton last fall. See the 3 games count as 2 reference. Hope that's wrong.

http://gocreighton.com/news/2015/11/11/MBB_1111154202.aspx?path=mbb
89 - 60
LJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm almost positive LJay (and that article) is right. It is 3 for 2 for the 3 game tourneys and 4 for 2 for the 4 game ones.
HandDownManDown

Postby wildjays » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 pm

LJay wrote:Found it. This was the press release posted on GoCreighton last fall. See the 3 games count as 2 reference. Hope that's wrong.

http://gocreighton.com/news/2015/11/11/MBB_1111154202.aspx?path=mbb

It all means the same I guess. If you look at the NCAA guide it says 27 or 29 games with the asterisk where it says 27+MTE or 29 without MTE

Going off on another tangent I should add if you travel to Hawaii to play the Rainbows for a game in the non-conference it doesn't count against the 27 or 29.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 pm

So are we for sure out of the Gavitt games? Seems like there are a couple of other Big East teams that play in early November tourney's like we do.
Jet915

Postby JayPak » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:22 pm

UT-Martin wasn't terrible last year. High octane offense, no defense. Good in their league.
Montana would be a decent buy game since they're usually 1st or 2nd in the Big Sky along with Weber State.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby section202jay » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:56 am

JayPak wrote:UT-Martin wasn't terrible last year. High octane offense, no defense. Good in their league.
Montana would be a decent buy game since they're usually 1st or 2nd in the Big Sky along with Weber State.

I agree with this. Let our cream puff opponents be teams that at least have a shout at being in the dance.... teams that are near the top of their low mid-major league. Montana and UT-Martin are just that.

That said, we still need a P5 H/H series at home this year. We have ASU and UNL away. And all things considered, we probably have more to lose in those games than to gain.
section202jay

Postby wildjays » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 am

Jet915 wrote:So are we for sure out of the Gavitt games? Seems like there are a couple of other Big East teams that play in early November tourney's like we do.

John Bishop has been very adamant on Twitter that the Jays are not playing in the Gavitt Games. It would definitely lead me to believe that is the case. Villanova (Charleston Classic) and Xavier (Puerto Rico) play in tourneys the same opening week as well that start on Thursday that week and the other two teams in question. Marquette plays in the 2K Classic that is the first weekend. They shouldn't have any problem playing.

My guess is that because of the travel involved, Creighton and Xavier are the 2 teams out of the Gavitt Games this year. Villanova could probably make it work if their game is on Tuesday like maybe at Ohio State. Or they get a crappy road matchup at Penn St. or Rutgers. Then they can still get to Charleston to play their tourney.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Panhandle Jay » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 am

I can't even imagine what Villanova would think of the Gavitt Games deal if they had to play against Nebraska and Penn State/Rutgers in back-to-back years. LOL.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Well perhaps the staff plans to renew the Oklahoma series...as it turned out to be a good one. And of course, no word yet on the BE/PAC12 Challenge...still plenty of time to work it out for the upcoming season. Please help out our Barry and SIU.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Bembry just signed with an agent so SJU probably wont be very good......so far our nonconference looks worse than last year.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops