Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby R Jay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 am

No thanks. There's a reason why major programs don't schedule home and homes with strong mid-major teams (with the exception of Gonzaga). We don't get anything out of beating them RPI-wise. And a loss hurts us even more. Their RPI might be decent at the end of the season, but their opponents RPI is going to be terrible.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:04 am

considering we're now entering into season two of major status and we're just now starting to see how that can pay off with our non-con scheduling

(thank you oklahoma)

HELL AND NO

i have zero interest in seeing them on the schedule for at least 10 years - and odds are - in 10 years they'll look a lot more like drake than the WCC of today
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:27 am

CUJAYFANATIC wrote:I think an opponent we need on our schedule every year is Wichita State. it is a great game for the fans and to some degree we do compete with them for players.

Raz, please get this done.

I honestly have zero interest in playing WSU.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:31 am

AttyAlum wrote:
CUJAYFANATIC wrote:I think an opponent we need on our schedule every year is Wichita State. it is a great game for the fans and to some degree we do compete with them for players.

I honestly have zero interest in playing WSU.

Likewise. That program has peaked, and they are poised to drop off significantly once Van Vleet and Baker are gone. Playing them would do nothing for us.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:37 am

Please no. We do not need them, why throw those obnoxious fans a lifeline....
Jet915

Postby Jays26 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:45 am

Ha!!! They need us a billion times more than we need to schedule a Community College.
Jays26

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 am

Wichita every year? No.

However, I would not object to throwing the MVC a "lifeline", since we were part of the Valley forever (during the 2 stints in the conference). Doug Elgin and the fellas can use the help. I honestly think playing one MVC team annually and also UNO annually will not hurt us (both games @Creighton). One or two "marque" matchups and our conference slate will help to keep our rpi where we need it.

;) Remember, we still owe Loyola-Chicago a game from way back. Let's not get so "high and mighty" so quickly.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Cp Jay 07 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:34 pm

2 in Omaha and 1 in KC would be a very fair deal for a mid major MVC team like WCC. I think that would be a fun series.
Don't call it a come back.
Cp Jay 07

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:46 pm

It's hilarious to me how so many are becoming that which we once despised (*ahem* Atty Alum *cough cough*).

I assume you're all willing to take back every insulting comment you made to the big conference teams when we were in the MVC and couldn't get any prominent games scheduled?

Lol. Fans. All the same.
vivid_dude

Postby JayPak » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Much rather see more Oklahoma types than WCC.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops