Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby vjay » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 am

I'd like to see the last two games end up being one "buy game" and one h/h series (start in Omaha, return in 15-16 or 16-17). I believe that I am in the minority on this, but I'd love to see a h/h with Wichita State.

The other possibility would be, if the remainder of the St. Joe's series goes away (rumored), then you could start a new h/h with a high major (starting on the road) and then have the last two games be "buys" at home. Shaping up to be a decent non-con so far, but more importantly, it seems to have the correct amount of difficulty to the group we have coming back.

If everything else remains the same, and with five games slated for road/neutral already, those last two openings would almost undoubtedly be at home (whether they are buys or the start of a series). Go Jays!
vjay

Postby CPJays » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am

Not exactly apples to apples, but somehow Sioux Falls is becoming a college basketball nonconference matchup location. Wisconsin and St. John's on BTN played there last year and Wichita St is playing Memphis on ESPN there this next season.

Would possibly playing someone like Colorado in Grand Island or Minnesota in Sioux Falls be a good idea to try and grow the CU brand in the region? Obviously KC would be a bigger option, but it seems like these smaller metro's could be getting little foothold in the early season scheduling.
CPJays

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Sounds like Joe Lunardi said the St. Joes series is on hold for the moment and won't be played tomorrow. I think that is a good idea. Next year, we already have 3 road games. That's enough for a young team IMO.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Any hints or word on a possible conference "challenge" ( Pac12 or Big 12 ) from FoxSports?

Next year's B1G / ACC challenge announced by the wwl: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby RVB » Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 pm

NBCsports.com article on Creighton's home-and-home series with Oklahoma

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... s/related/
RVB

Postby phxjay » Sat May 24, 2014 11:57 am

Hearing rumors that a home and home with Arizona State starting Dec 2015. Bring the golf clubs and make it a long weekend!
phxjay

Postby LJay » Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Jays get N Carolina Central on Nov 23, Eastern Illinois Nov 25 and Ole Miss on Nov 28 plus one more on the 29th in the Emerald Classic:

http://www.emeraldcoastclassic.com/2014-schedule/
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu May 29, 2014 2:47 pm

LJay wrote:Jays get N Carolina Central on Nov 23, Eastern Illinois Nov 25 and Ole Miss on Nov 28 plus one more on the 29th in the Emerald Classic:

I know we're going to be down and rebuilding next year, lots of uncertainty, etc. But that's a pretty mediocre tournament field. I really hope we're able to get into much better tournaments moving forward.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby section202jay » Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 pm

I have agree with Outlaw. I know we won't be as good as we were last season but that field is blech.

North Carolina Central will be a good game though. Made the tournament last season and are athletic.
section202jay

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
LJay wrote:Jays get N Carolina Central on Nov 23, Eastern Illinois Nov 25 and Ole Miss on Nov 28 plus one more on the 29th in the Emerald Classic:

I know we're going to be down and rebuilding next year, lots of uncertainty, etc. But that's a pretty mediocre tournament field. I really hope we're able to get into much better tournaments moving forward.

I don't mind it for next season, with all the new faces. Remember, we got out of the tournament in Connecticut with Notre Dame and Florida State after the move to the Big East so there were probably slim pickins as to what tournaments were available. For 2015-16, I will be disappointed if we were not in a big tournament.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops