Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Cp Jay 07 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 pm

I hope they keep UMASS and CU on opposite sides of the Bracket. A fun A-10 vs Big EAST title game.
Don't call it a come back.
Cp Jay 07

Postby R Jay » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:09 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:
R Jay wrote:Let's hope ESPN has the updated logo by then.

They did last year when we had our school name and a number next to it scrolling across the bottom line.

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about the Wooden Legacy last year. Makes me wonder why ESPN3 didn't have the updated logo. Small potatoes, though.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 pm

cujaysfan wrote:wee bit disappointed that there isn't at least one marquee opponent

georgia and clemson are football schools - and i don't know that they have much fan support

can't remember last time either finished in top 25

UMass is good mid-major that does have good support.

We may not quite be ready for many marquee opponents in the early noncon considering we will be working in at least two new starters, including a new PG. I think the field is fine when taking that into consideration.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby wbjay » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

I agree with you, AttyAlum. Early season tourney with some good name recognition. Better than low mid-majors.
wbjay

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:43 pm

we'll be coming off the overseas trip - and i think one good test (and possible marquee win to hang hat on come selection sunday) isn't asking too much. If we could trade an Ohio State or Texas type team for GA/Clemson would be a good measuring stick to find out where we are as we prepare for BE season.

i'm not overly disappointed - but comparing it to ASU and Wisky from last Vegas tourney - this field falls short of that - especially considering who we were at the time.
cujaysfan

Postby Savannah Jay » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

cujaysfan wrote:wee bit disappointed that there isn't at least one marquee opponent

georgia and clemson are football schools - and i don't know that they have much fan support

can't remember last time either finished in top 25

UMass is good mid-major that does have good support.

I have a kid at Georgia and they do not have a huge basketball following. The building they play in is almost embarrassing for a power conference. The few rabid fans I do know travel but the arena in Vegas will not be full of Georgia Bulldogs.

Their team is decent this year. Sit at 10-5, 1-2 in the SEC. Losses have been at Georgia Tech (by 7), vs Gonzaga (by 12) and Minnesota (4) in NYC, then at home to Arkansas (4) and at LSU (3 in 3 OTs). Biggest wins were Seton Hall ( by 18), at Kansas State (by 4) and at Vandy (by 3). Of their top 5 scorers, 2 are seniors, 2 are juniors, and one sophomore. They are coached by Mark Fox (formerly at Nevada).

I am sure that is way more info on UGA than anyone wanted but...they should be a decent opponent at the tourney.
Savannah Jay

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:59 pm

No marquee names but atleast these games will be televised. Vegas is 4 hours away from me so I'm happy thati will be there in person.
Jet915

Postby section202jay » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Marquette will play at Barclays Center in Legends Classic.

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2015/2/ ... ds-classic
section202jay

Postby wildjays » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Here is the rest of the Big East future non-conference schedule information compiled so far.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-bi ... schedules/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby CUJAYFANATIC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 am

I think an opponent we need on our schedule every year is Wichita State. it is a great game for the fans and to some degree we do compete with them for players.

Raz, please get this done.
CUJAYFANATIC

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops