Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 pm

People, people....when did the sky fall out of Creighton basketball's bright future? 8-5 with that noncon schedule? I look at that schedule and see that there aren't any games where we'll be the heavy underdog (for example Iowa looks to be a heavy underdog at UNC next year). You all act like we just lost a 3 time All-American, lottery pick. I'm not saying that we'll be fine without Dougie and the beloved seniors, but we nailed recruiting this year, have a solid returning core coming off 3 straight NCAA tourney appearances and a tear through the new Big East. This is going to be a golden year for the Jays. I've seen rebuilding projects (2009-2010 and 2010-2011) and this team has way too much talent to take that many steps back. I envision us looking A LOT like Providence last year relying on our bonafide PG and unique style to play our way into the NCAA tourney.
Sure wins (6):
C. Arkansas, Chicago St., NC Central, E. Illinois, USD, Texas-PA
75% chance of winning (2):
@North Texas, @Tulsa
50% chance of winning (5):
@UNL, Oklahoma, St. Mary's, Cincy/Middle Tennessee, Ole Miss

If you figure those percentages, I see the over/under between 9 and 10 wins for the Jays this season. We have an excellent non-con, we're sitting at 11-2 and licking our chops for Big East play, but anything less than 9 wins would be considered a nightmare in my eyes. Yes there are good teams on this schedule and tricky road games, but let's not forget that most teams will be seeing the new look Creighton and will have to make adjustments as well. Honestly, I see us going 10-3, 10-8 in the BE and making the tourney as a 10 seed (upsetting the 2 seed to make it to the sweet 16 of course).
Eye of the Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Loving the confidence and optimism...

Thanks to Jet914, Jays26, and Eye of the Jay...had me worried that no one would go 10 or more W's in the non conference portion of the season.

Jet914, 9-4
Jays26, 10-2
EotJ, 10-3

Agree w Eye otJ that it is surprising to see such a majority consensus lack of confidence in an experienced team: 3 true seniors, 1 Juco Sr, and a 5th yr transfer, 3 Jrs (incl a RS Juco). More experience and depth than many of our opponents. The old let's hold our cards close, be uber conservative - and HOPE for a better outcome. Heh, heh, heh! What is that technique? Reverse confidence? At least 3 Creighton diehards showed up - thanks Jet, Jays26, and EotJ. Although I have a bit of indigestion pondering the Jays at 20-11 (ugh), 10-8 in the BE (dbl ugh), at least EotJ has the stones to be moderately optimistic. Congrats.

My Ridiculous predictions (August) will be along their normal lines, minus 10-15% ridiculousness or so, and I've already said in another thread that I expect Creighton to compete with Villanova and finish 1st or 2nd in the conference for the 2014-15 season.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Sure wins (6):
C. Arkansas, Chicago St., NC Central, E. Illinois, USD, Texas-PA
75% chance of winning (2):
@North Texas, @Tulsa
50% chance of winning (5):
@UNL, Oklahoma, St. Mary's, Cincy/Middle Tennessee, Ole Miss

Without getting too in depth, it wouldn't surprise me to go 6-0 in the "sure wins", 1-1 in the 75% chance games, and 2-3 in the "50% chance" games. What's that make us? 9-3. There's my completely, utterly worthless and pointless July prediction.
vivid_dude

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 am

Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 pm

ho hum... providence took the spot we vacated in the Hall of Fame Tipoff, @ the Mohecan Sun Resort. Article not too keen on any of the field. Too back we went to the Emerald Coast event, as I would have really enjoyed whupping Notre Dame...

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... -tip-off-2
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby wbjay » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Not wanting to go back and look at the entire thread, wondering when the regular season schedule will be released.
wbjay

Postby T-bone » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 am

wbjay wrote:Not wanting to go back and look at the entire thread, wondering when the regular season schedule will be released.

Hopefully by end of week.
T-bone

Postby wbjay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 am

Thank you.
wbjay

Postby bigredtank » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:13 am

Per a post on Facebook, the Big East says to look for the conference schedule to be released early next week.
bigredtank

Postby T-bone » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:49 pm

bigredtank wrote:Per a post on Facebook, the Big East says to look for the conference schedule to be released early next week.

Tuesday according to Holyland of Hoops
T-bone

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops