Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby JayPharmAlum » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:20 pm

D Jay Fan wrote:A lot of kids are playing their basketball games on Saturday days. Families may be a smaller part of the weekend crowd. You now have late night school days and the night they can stay up late, just happens to be when they have their own games. Maybe this will open up more students in their seats for the day games. Can they really be studying on Saturday afternoons?

There might be an occasional overlap that causes us to miss, but I know my family is much more likely to attend en masse for an afternoon Saturday game than a late night one.
JayPharmAlum

Postby JayPak » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Ditto. But I will miss the crowd energy.

Overall the schedule is more consistent than last year. The game times all end in :00 or :30 this year; last year it was all over the clock face. All midweek games are on Tuesday or Wednesday. After game two all the weekend games are on Saturday, save for Georgetown. The easier road trips to DePaul and Marquette are finally on Saturdays. There are only three games starting after 7:30, compared to six games last year. I get the complaints about not having Saturday night home games after UNO finally moved out, but overall it's a better schedule.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Realhoops » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:47 pm

JayPak wrote:Ditto. But I will miss the crowd energy.

Overall the schedule is more consistent than last year. The game times all end in :00 or :30 this year; last year it was all over the clock face. All midweek games are on Tuesday or Wednesday. After game two all the weekend games are on Saturday, save for Georgetown. The easier road trips to DePaul and Marquette are finally on Saturdays. There are only three games starting after 7:30, compared to six games last year. I get the complaints about not having Saturday night home games after UNO finally moved out, but overall it's a better schedule.

Overall the schedule is pretty solid and I cannot wait.

It is definitely disappointing to not get any Saturday evening games with that crowd energy, especially now that UNO hockey isn't a competing factor anymore. It's frankly a little bizarre that the BIG EAST as a whole does not have any Saturday evening games to showcase in conference play. But all in all, just can't wait.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby section202jay » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:23 am

As a new father, the schedule is so perfect. I feasibly have the chance to use our season tickets and watch the game at the Clink in its entirety. With my son's bedtime and witching hour being 7pm, we would never make it to an evening game. So at least I'll get in some games this season.
section202jay

Postby LJay » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:53 pm

LJay wrote:
LJay wrote:Marquette in at #69 here, good for 8th in the BE. Illinois State in at #75, good for 2nd in the Blow Valley.

Just wow. Move to the BE came just in time.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball

Providence at #62.

Arizona State at #60.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Old MVC Days » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:08 am

Our schedule took a nice step forward this year I feel like. We need less of the 300 or worse RPI games and more games against the like of Akron and Buffalo. Plus we did the D2 thing (Truman St.), which is what you have to do to win the RPI game.

Already have the schedule printed off and on the fridge.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby section202jay » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:14 pm

I did not know this was a thing.

section202jay

Postby wildjays » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:51 pm

section202jay wrote:I did not know this was a thing.

This has been in the works for about 4 years. The teams were set about 2 years ago and were changed slightly when all the conference realignment was going on. I think Xavier was initially going to be in it too until all the conference changes.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby drbluejay » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:41 am

Playing 13 day games suck and playing Nova at noon makes it worst. I miss playing on Saturday nights and so do all the families that will miss games this year because their kids play on Saturday afternoon.
drbluejay

Postby Easypaddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:37 am

I like the afternoon games.
Easypaddy

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops