Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Jet915 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:29 am

Somewhat disappointing....

St. John's Big East games at the Garden this year: Villanova, Xavier, Marquette, Seton Hall, Georgetown, and Providence. #sjubbq
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:09 am

Schedule is out. Creighton gets 2 games on FOX (Xavier at home, Villanova on the road). Hells yeah!

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2016/9/13/MBB_0913165231.aspx
Jet915

Postby SchlegelsPenthouse » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:49 am

So we get senior night at Nova and Marquette... Pretty sure that's two years in a row that we've had to play in two senior night games.
SchlegelsPenthouse

Postby Jaybird » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

The Big East is suddenly treating Saturday nights like they're kryptonite. We've got five weekend home games and none have a tip later than 3:30. We're on the road four more Saturdays and none of those start later than 2 central. I guess as an old guy I should be thankful to the league for ensuring that I can get to those 5PM early bird buffets but, still, I'll miss that Saturday night energy. All told, we have maybe six conference games that tip after sundown. If' you're a vampire and a Creighton fan, you absolutely hate this schedule.
Jaybird

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Four - count 'em - Four Saturday night games the entire year for Big East conference games. WTH?
TrueBlueJay

Postby Realhoops » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:55 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:Four - count 'em - Four Saturday night games the entire year for Big East conference games. WTH?

I think FS1 likes to air all those truck and motorcycle racing events in the evenings, so they're probably trying to avoid that conflict.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby wildjays » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:57 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:Four - count 'em - Four Saturday night games the entire year for Big East conference games. WTH?

That is really odd. That puts the Big East in a situation where none of their games are really showcased on Saturday evenings. FS1 probably will fill in with Big 10 and Pac 12 games in the night slots.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:19 pm

I'm guessing FS1 will have a heavy dose of UFC stuff on Saturday nights this winter, and as a purely business decision, I get it -- through three years UFC has generally blown BE hoops out of the water, ratings wise, on FS1.

This is also the fewest conference games on FS1 of the four years of the contract so far; 51 of the 90 Big East games are on FS1, and 39 are airing elsewhere...and that will probably drop again next year when the B1G is in the fold.
WBR Tom

Postby Jaybird » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:33 pm

wildjays wrote:

That is really odd. That puts the Big East in a situation where none of their games are really showcased on Saturday evenings. FS1 probably will fill in with Big 10 and Pac 12 games in the night slots.[/quo

We play 'em in the daytime, the way God intended, which I guess makes the Big East the pre-1988 Chicago
Cubs. We've got the defending national champions, and we're the warmup act for all the Saturday night headliners.

Maybe it's a cost-cutting move. The league figures the schools can save on their electric bills by not turning on as many lights. Or, maybe daytime rates for refs are cheaper.
Jaybird

Postby D Jay Fan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:08 pm

A lot of kids are playing their basketball games on Saturday days. Families may be a smaller part of the weekend crowd. You now have late night school days and the night they can stay up late, just happens to be when they have their own games. Maybe this will open up more students in their seats for the day games. Can they really be studying on Saturday afternoons?
D Jay Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops