Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

It's about time! The event organizers "seem" to have been avoiding the heck out of Creighton the last 12 years. 6-8K Jays fans "in the house" will make quite the college basketball experience (CBE) (pun intended)!
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby cu8493 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Put yourself in 2010 and then contemplate this statement "UCLA, Creighton, Baylor and Wisconsin will headline"

Did even the most diehard of us ever think you would one read Creighton, UCLA, Wisconsin Baylor and headline all in the same sentence?
cu8493

Postby Jet915 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:31 pm

cu8493 wrote:Put yourself in 2010 and then contemplate this statement "UCLA, Creighton, Baylor and Wisconsin will headline"

Did even the most diehard of us ever think you would one read Creighton, UCLA, Wisconsin Baylor and headline all in the same sentence?

Sea of blue on ESPN will look really nice....
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:45 pm

cufan10 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Wow, we are finally in an awesome tournament!

This and hopefully it means we are done with Maury Hanks tournaments.

Speaking of our old buddy Maury, he has a new tournament starting in 2017 in the Caymen Islands with Cincinnati, Iowa, UAB and Wyoming. Still waiting on word if there will be a webcast or not...
Jet915

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:10 am

Loving this tourney and hope for a St Louis-esque turnout from the white and blue. I also love we have recent history with all these teams - sour taste from Baylor, game against Wisky this year, and Kobe debacle should provide plenty of headlines. Let's go Jays!
Eye of the Jay

Postby section202jay » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 am

I don't think it'll be STL-esque with it being weekdays during Thanksgiving week. It'll keep me away unfortunately. However, it could be Orleans Arena Vegas-esque. KC is the BEST overnight or two night getaway. BBQ, nightlife, museums, art, fine dining, you name it.
section202jay

Postby JayPak » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Might not be St. Louis but will be WAY bigger than Vegas. And possibly bigger than StL. It's half the distance.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:43 pm

cu8493 wrote:Put yourself in 2010 and then contemplate this statement "UCLA, Creighton, Baylor and Wisconsin will headline"

Well we headlined with Notre Dame in 2002 (and won) and Ohio State in 2004 (and won) so let's not forget that Altman made us one of the most feared teams from the non-football-money conferences a long time ago in what seems like a galaxy far far away.
whiteandblue77

Postby Jaybird » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Jet915 wrote:
cufan10 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Wow, we are finally in an awesome tournament!

This and hopefully it means we are done with Maury Hanks tournaments.

Speaking of our old buddy Maury, he has a new tournament starting in 2017 in the Caymen Islands with Cincinnati, Iowa, UAB and Wyoming. Still waiting on word if there will be a webcast or not...

Word is that, for his next tournament, Hanks is working on a hard-hitting, innovative approach to streaming. He plans to bring in a police sketch artist who'll produce a series of action-packed drawings.
Jaybird

Postby LJay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:21 am

section202jay wrote:I don't think it'll be STL-esque with it being weekdays during Thanksgiving week. It'll keep me away unfortunately. However, it could be Orleans Arena Vegas-esque. KC is the BEST overnight or two night getaway. BBQ, nightlife, museums, art, fine dining, you name it.

The last time CU played in this I to couldn't take time off and stay overnight in KC but I did bug out of work each evening early enough to drive down both nights for each game.

The cat can be skinned if you want it enough!!!
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops