Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Realhoops » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:32 am

So the Jays will have three games in five days with a road trip in the middle? That's tough for prepping for opponents, etc. Could make a rough start again
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby R Jay » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:18 am

LJay wrote:Incorrect. The openers are 3 games on the 30th and 2 games on the 31st. All teams play on Saturday January 2nd.

CU opens on the road again this year but opens the home slate on the 2nd.

Not that I don't believe you, but is there a source for this?

Realhoops wrote:So the Jays will have three games in five days with a road trip in the middle? That's tough for prepping for opponents, etc. Could make a rough start again

No offense to Coppin State, but we're going to be playing a bench quite a bit on the 28th. The walk-ons will probably get good run, too.
I'm more worried about the quick turnaround between a potential road game on a Wednesday or Thursday and a home game on a Saturday.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Jays26 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 am

R Jay wrote:
LJay wrote:Incorrect. The openers are 3 games on the 30th and 2 games on the 31st. All teams play on Saturday January 2nd.

Realhoops wrote:So the Jays will have three games in five days with a road trip in the middle? That's tough for prepping for opponents, etc. Could make a rough start again

No offense to Coppin State, but we're going to be playing a bench quite a bit on the 28th. The walk-ons will probably get good run, too.
I'm more worried about the quick turnaround between a potential road game on a Wednesday or Thursday and a home game on a Saturday.

The opening conf schedule was talked about at the Banter golf outing yesterday.
Jays26

Postby R Jay » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:35 am

Jays26 wrote:
R Jay wrote:

The opening conf schedule was talked about at the Banter golf outing yesterday.

Cool. Thanks!
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby wildjays » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:45 pm

Was there anything else discussed regarding future schedules? Was it confirmed that Creighton is playing in the Paradise Jam the 2016 season? When is the conference schedule expected to be released?
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby BoarCommaThe » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:14 pm

wildjays wrote:Was there anything else discussed regarding future schedules? Was it confirmed that Creighton is playing in the Paradise Jam the 2016 season? When is the conference schedule expected to be released?

Expect the conference schedule to be released later this week is what was said. No word on the Paradise Jam.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:25 pm

I guess its somewhat official? Somewhat meh, NC State should be good, rest of field probably not....

NC State, Ole Miss, Creighton, St. Joe's, Loyola (Ill.), ORU, Montana, & Washington St are in the 2016 Paradise Jam, source told @CBSSports.
Jet915

Postby burmano » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Jet915 wrote:I guess its somewhat official? Somewhat meh, NC State should be good, rest of field probably not....

NC State, Ole Miss, Creighton, St. Joe's, Loyola (Ill.), ORU, Montana, & Washington St are in the 2016 Paradise Jam, source told @CBSSports.

NC State should be really good next year. Just need to make sure we get to the championship game against them.
burmano

Postby R Jay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Jet915 wrote:I guess its somewhat official? Somewhat meh, NC State should be good, rest of field probably not....

A lot of familiar faces. We have played 4 of these teams in the last 8 years and that isn't counting Loyola this year.
Any idea how this will affect the road game we owe St. Joe's? Might they get that in a non-bracketed game?
R Jay

Postby cu8493 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 pm

We really, really need to get to a sweet sixteen so we can start getting ourselves into some better tournaments. Or, maybe the staff doesn't want that - I guess I don't know what the mindset is on the quality of competition they want in these tournaments.
cu8493

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops