Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Jet915 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:50 pm

All I gotta say is next year's schedule better be stronger than this one. Next year is our year to finally get back to the dance.
Jet915

Postby JayPak » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:07 am

Not in the Gavitt Games next year.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Panhandle Jay » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

I often day dream of ways to improve our schedule for next season.

I think finding games against teams that are not 200+ RPI is the key. But yet still games you should win. Teams like:
- Charleston
- Hofstra
- Long Beach State
- UC Santa Barbara
- LA Tech
- Montana
- Oral Roberts
- Vermont
- Weber State

That's how you improve your numbers.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Panhandle Jay wrote:I often day dream of ways to improve our schedule for next season.

I think finding games against teams that are not 200+ RPI is the key. But yet still games you should win. Teams like:
- Charleston
- Hofstra
- Long Beach State
- UC Santa Barbara
- LA Tech
- Montana
- Oral Roberts
- Vermont
- Weber State

That's how you improve your numbers.

I agree. I think the number of high level opponents are fine. 3-4 high major teams in non-conference is fine. It's the cupcakes that killed us. The staff needs to make a more concerted effort in scheduling cupcakes. Pay an extra 5K-10K to get a MAC team instead of a SWAC team cause we are paying for it now.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:11 pm

ESPN's Borzello on Next Season: What next season holds for Louisville, other non-tourney teams
Here’s a look at 12 teams that either definitely won't, or are unlikely to, hear their names on Selection Sunday -- but will be squarely in the mix in 2016-17.

Creighton Bluejays

Like some of the other teams on this list, the Bluejays still have an outside shot at an at-large berth, but they have a lot of work left to do. Regardless of what happens over the next couple weeks, Greg McDermott will have one of the best backcourts in the league next season in juniors Maurice Watson Jr. and Marcus Foster. Watson has been outstanding in his first season after transferring from Boston University, while the high-scoring Foster, a Kansas State transfer, is sitting out this season. Three-point sniper Isaiah Zierden is also back on the perimeter. Seven-footer Geoffrey Groselle is out of eligibility up front, but look for redshirt freshman Justin Patton to make an impact down low, alongside former Nevada transfer Cole Huff. Creighton will rise up the Big East standings next season.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby wildjays » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:43 pm

I would take a perpetual 2-for-1 series with UNO and start it out next season at the CLINK, then at Baxter, then next 2 at CLINK, 1 at Baxter, next two at CLINK, and so on. If UNO is at the top or near the top of the Summit league each year (which I think they can do) then it makes sense especially since they count in D-1 now. Adds more local interest, shows Creighton isn't avoiding UNO, and creates a nice rivalry with all the D-1 teams in the state.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 pm

wildjays wrote:I would take a perpetual 2-for-1 series with UNO and start it out next season at the CLINK, then at Baxter, then next 2 at CLINK, 1 at Baxter, next two at CLINK, and so on. If UNO is at the top or near the top of the Summit league each year (which I think they can do) then it makes sense especially since they count in D-1 now. Adds more local interest, shows Creighton isn't avoiding UNO, and creates a nice rivalry with all the D-1 teams in the state.

No.
TrueBlueJay

Postby LynchMob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:19 pm

This is a really dumb reason but I kind of want to start playing UNO just to make it look worse that Nebraska won't.

However, UNO needs to show they can be consistently competitive.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd like to see some Western opponents. Let's get a series going with a good MWC program like UNLV or SDSU. Put the away game at UNLV on a weekend and bam, you get 1,000 Jay fans in Vegas. And SDSU owes us a game in Omaha. We played there and then played them on a neutral site. It's time that Orville Redenbacher and his Aztecs came here. Or who knows, maybe we'll see SDSU at MSG soon.

A game at Colorado or Wyoming could be nice too. But then there's the altitude problem.

Or let's get South Dakota State for 2 home games and then a game at Tyson Events Center in Sioux City.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Trifecta » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm

wildjays wrote:I would take a perpetual 2-for-1 series with UNO and start it out next season at the CLINK, then at Baxter, then next 2 at CLINK, 1 at Baxter, next two at CLINK, and so on. If UNO is at the top or near the top of the Summit league each year (which I think they can do) then it makes sense especially since they count in D-1 now. Adds more local interest, shows Creighton isn't avoiding UNO, and creates a nice rivalry with all the D-1 teams in the state.

We should never, ever have to play at Baxter. Period.

Plus if UNO hosted Creighton, it would be like printing money for their university. Unless their ticket office blocked sales (like UNL has done before), 80% or higher of that arena would be filled with blue. They would sell it out, keep all the gate, and have as much likelihood of winning as if they played at CenturyLink. Might as well buy a game from them, have CU keep the money, and have 17,000+ be able to actually attend.
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops