Coach Mac

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coach Mac

Postby Tdjay114 » Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 pm

Couldn't find the Doug thread so I'll post here. Coach Mac posted as a proud parent watching Doug in the eastern conference finals. Doug has played about 6 minutes. 1 for 1 with a tip in. 2 assists and 1 rebound and plus 13 in the +-.
Tdjay114

Postby SeattleJay » Sat May 25, 2024 11:17 pm

I believe plus 13 was the best plus minus of any player on either team.
SeattleJay

Postby Tdjay114 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:15 am

They need to play him more to have any shot the next game. They need his scoring and activity. And his defense has been fine.
Tdjay114

Postby BellevueJay » Tue May 28, 2024 2:55 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Interesting that Mac mentioned that they might use the 13th scholarship for talent that might be available after the NBA withdrawal deadline (May 29).

It will be interesting to see what is available.

We have a lot of talent already, so it would be hard to imagine what we could get that makes us better but without messing up team chemistry.

Last report I've heard is Trey still has the door open to come back to college. Not sure what all is involved with declaring for the draft and keeping/not keeping eligibility, but sounds like Trey has kept his eligibility even though he said he wouldn't. And by most mocks I see, Trey is last 5 picks of the second round to not drafted. Wonder if this is who Mac is hinting at with this comment.
BellevueJay

Postby go_jays » Tue May 28, 2024 10:54 pm

BellevueJay wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:Interesting that Mac mentioned that they might use the 13th scholarship for talent that might be available after the NBA withdrawal deadline (May 29).

It will be interesting to see what is available.

We have a lot of talent already, so it would be hard to imagine what we could get that makes us better but without messing up team chemistry.

Last report I've heard is Trey still has the door open to come back to college. Not sure what all is involved with declaring for the draft and keeping/not keeping eligibility, but sounds like Trey has kept his eligibility even though he said he wouldn't. And by most mocks I see, Trey is last 5 picks of the second round to not drafted. Wonder if this is who Mac is hinting at with this comment.

I can't think of another coach that is more loyal to his players than Greg McDermott. And this seems like exactly something he would do.
go_jays

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:10 am

The Championship Center will officially be renamed the "McDermott Center" on June 20, by request from the Scott family who were the lead donors on the building's construction a decade ago.

I always figured Mac would end up with a statue or something, but having an entire building on campus named for him is wild. Pretty cool honor.

https://gocreighton.com/news/2024/6/3/f ... enter.aspx
WBR Tom

Postby SeattleJay » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:17 am

WBR Tom wrote:The Championship Center will officially be renamed the "McDermott Center" on June 20, by request from the Scott family who were the lead donors on the building's construction a decade ago.

I always figured Mac would end up with a statue or something, but having an entire building on campus named for him is wild. Pretty cool honor.

https://gocreighton.com/news/2024/6/3/f ... enter.aspx

What a great story. Thank you for sharing, Tom.

Proud of my alma mater and grateful to the Scott and McDermott families
SeattleJay

Postby Bluejoe » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 am

I've told a few people on campus after this was built that it has to be named for the McDermott's once Greg retired. The fact that they never put signage on the building made you think that they were just waiting for this. Great to have the name of a legendary family on the building.
Bluejoe

Postby slaw » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:42 pm

If Coach Mac had left because he didn't get 'paid,' would this still have happened? Probably not?
slaw

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:55 pm

slaw wrote:If Coach Mac had left because he didn't get 'paid,' would this still have happened? Probably not?

What does it matter? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts….
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops