Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby NYC-bluejay » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 pm

mel ott wrote:
NYC-bluejay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:Creighton - Nebraska announced for November 22.

Earlier reports were that it would be November 23, same day as Huskers/Wisconsin football. Absolute bull if we agreed to move it to accommodate them yet again.

Them meaning the majority of fans ?

We have our fans. If true, should have kept it on same day. Would love to have seen a sellout during a Nebraska football game. Perfect-less than 500 Nebraska fans.

Most of our fans are also Nebraska football fans. Those who hate husker football are a minority of the Omaha population
NYC-bluejay

Postby LJay » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

This is false. Do you live here now? Skers have sucked for over 20 years now. Most Creighton fans under about 60 or so don’t give two shits about Sker football. The older bunch still like them to a greater degree.

Omahans as a whole still support the red.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 pm

NYC-bluejay wrote:Most of our fans are also Nebraska football fans. Those who hate husker football are a minority of the Omaha population

Wildly disagree with this statement. CU alums are largely not from Nebraska and most that I know harbor no cuddly feelings toward UNL.
JayPharmAlum

Postby NYC-bluejay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am

JayPharmAlum wrote:
NYC-bluejay wrote:Most of our fans are also Nebraska football fans. Those who hate husker football are a minority of the Omaha population

Wildly disagree with this statement. CU alums are largely not from Nebraska and most that I know harbor no cuddly feelings toward UNL.

Didn’t realize that the majority of creighton fans are alumni, if that’s true. Besides going to all the games growing up no one in my family has any ties to the university, same for my friends.
NYC-bluejay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 am

I know dozens of fans that live in the Omaha metro area that go to Jays games and none of them attended Creighton.
Almost everyone of them either watch Husker football on TV or attend their games. I think most fans in attendance are from the Omaha metro area and never attended Creighton.
drbluejay

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

drbluejay wrote:I know dozens of fans that live in the Omaha metro area that go to Jays games and none of them attended Creighton.
Almost everyone of them either watch Husker football on TV or attend their games. I think most fans in attendance are from the Omaha metro area and never attended Creighton.

And I think most fans in attendance are Jays fans, not Husker fans. Guess we can agree to disagree. But the dozens of fans I know living in the Omaha metro area and attending games don't cheer for Nebraska in any sport, have some connection to the University (alums, parents of alums, family of alums, faculty, staff, etc.).
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby SeattleJay » Fri May 03, 2024 10:10 am

Creighton going to Alabama on 12/14
SeattleJay

Postby NYC-bluejay » Fri May 03, 2024 10:29 am

Realhoops wrote:
drbluejay wrote:I know dozens of fans that live in the Omaha metro area that go to Jays games and none of them attended Creighton.

And I think most fans in attendance are Jays fans, not Husker fans. Guess we can agree to disagree. But the dozens of fans I know living in the Omaha metro area and attending games don't cheer for Nebraska in any sport, have some connection to the University (alums, parents of alums, family of alums, faculty, staff, etc.).

The idea of someone being from Omaha and not cheering for Nebraska in any sport is bizarre to me. Almost as bizarre as a few husker fans I know who are from Omaha and don’t support Creighton. Just as weird is another friend I have who wants Lincoln to get a hockey team despite the fact it would hurt our existing hockey team, UNO.

If a team represents where I’m from, I root for them, just that simple.
Last edited by NYC-bluejay on Fri May 03, 2024 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYC-bluejay

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am

NYC-bluejay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:

The idea of someone being from Omaha and not cheering for Nebraska in any sport is bizarre to me. Almost as bizarre as a few husker fans I know who are from Omaha and don’t support Creighton. Just as weird is another friend I have who wants Lincoln to get a hockey team despite the fact it would hurt our existing hockey team, UNO.

If a team represents where I’m from, from I root for them, just that simple.

I never connected to Nebraska sports. Connected to Creighton basketball/volleyball from an early age. Not sure how it’s bizarre that I don’t cheer for Nebraska. I tried to get excited for Nebraska volleyball this year and I just didn’t care.
jaysfan3

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri May 03, 2024 11:42 am

NYC-bluejay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:

If a team represents where I’m from, I root for them, just that simple.

Talks like a Husker, walks like a Husker, smells like a Husker.

Must be a Fusker.
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops