Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

2024 transfer wing Jamiya Neal

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

Welcome to the Hilltop!

Re: 2024 transfer wing Jamiya Neal

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Welcome! About time we start filling out the roster. Uncertainty or not, we need players. Whether it's starters or contributors off the bench. We need guys that can help.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 pm

According to Torvik, he was one of the best defenders at ASU.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 pm

I like this. He has good size, can get to the rim, and seems to care about defense. He won't replace the 3 point shooting from Baylor, but I think he'll be able to score in other ways that Baylor couldn't.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 pm

gocreightongo wrote:I like this. He has good size, can get to the rim, and seems to care about defense. He won't replace the 3 point shooting from Baylor, but I think he'll be able to score in other ways that Baylor couldn't.

Agree, he isn't going to be Baylor, but he brings different skills to the team - good length and active defensively, can score in some ways that we typically don't as a team, and can play a few different roles and defend a lot of different types of people. I imagine he could have adjusted roles depending on whether or not Trey comes back as well

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 pm

Initial impressions based on a basic review of stats and some highlight videos:
- people are talking about him slotting into Baylor’s slot. I don’t see that as much as replacing Trey.
- the 3-point percentage doesn’t look great, but his shooting form is on point. With the work, he looks like a guy who could really improve in this area.
- has a mid-range game.
- some similarities to Trey’s game. A bit more athletic and bouncy, but not quite as skilled.
- if Trey departs, a guard rotation of Ashworth, Jamiya, Larry Johnson and Ty Davis brings a lot to the table. Some diverse skills. Promising.

Conclusions based on highlight reels is a dangerous exercise, but there’s something about his game that I really like. Welcome to Omaha!!

Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pm

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2EYshc ... kD7ddGvo7A
Post a reply