Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2022 G Ben Shtolzberg (Commit)

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:40 am

Brendan259 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
royalfan
All-American
royalfan
Members
2,879 posts
Posted 21 hours ago
On 8/16/2021 at 12:53 AM, JayPak said:
Creighton.

Thanks for sharing. We were on pins and needles on this one as a plan C or D.

God bless those husker fans, they have so much talent now that Ben, who will soon be a top 100 kid, was a "plan C or D" for them. :roll:

The funny thing is Lloyd and Ben played on the same AAU team this summer. Take a look at the stats below and let me know who you would think is top 100 player :lol:

https://www.theseasonticket.com/stats/t ... ol=4386383

Amazing

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:47 am

Brendan259 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
royalfan
All-American
royalfan
Members
2,879 posts
Posted 21 hours ago
Creighton.

God bless those husker fans, they have so much talent now that Ben, who will soon be a top 100 kid, was a "plan C or D" for them. :roll:

The funny thing is Lloyd and Ben played on the same AAU team this summer. Take a look at the stats below and let me know who you would think is top 100 player :lol:

Holy!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Brendan259 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
royalfan
All-American
royalfan
Members
2,879 posts
Posted 21 hours ago
Creighton.

The funny thing is Lloyd and Ben played on the same AAU team this summer. Take a look at the stats below and let me know who you would think is the top 100 player :lol:

This is both awesome and hilarious. On all levels

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:44 pm

I hate all things UNL (yes, Sker lurkers, I’m a lifelong Nebraskan) but I think their guy has been injured. That said, 1-13 is some bad 3 point shooting injured or not.

I would be more concerned if I’m a Sker fan in the fact that the kid has had multiple injuries and can’t seem to get healthy. Jays fans can tell you about that frustration (Jacob Epperson, Top 75 recruit among others).

Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:27 pm

LJay wrote:I hate all things UNL (yes, Sker lurkers, I’m a lifelong Nebraskan) but I think their guy has been injured. That said, 1-13 is some bad 3 point shooting injured or not.

I would be more concerned if I’m a Sker fan in the fact that the kid has had multiple injuries and can’t seem to get healthy. Jays fans can tell you about that frustration (Jacob Epperson, Top 75 recruit among others).

He also had 1 assist in 4 games, which is pretty impressive given how nobody plays defense in AAU.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:44 am

On the latest Scurry and The Scrub podcast, Jordan and Matt were joined by Ben Shtolzberg for a wide-ranging 90 minute interview. They talk about what he found appealing about Creighton, why he opted to turn down an opportunity to play professionally overseas right after high school, and if it bothers him that the major recruiting services don't have him rated as highly as other players he regularly competes against.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/scurry-a ... htolzberg/

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:19 am

Listening to Matt and Jordan’s interview with Ben. He is CONFIDENT. I love it. Seems to have a big chip on his shoulder.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:52 am

jaysfan3 wrote:Listening to Matt and Jordan’s interview with Ben. He is CONFIDENT. I love it. Seems to have a big chip on his shoulder.

Fascinating insight into why he's not playing in Israel. That never would have occurred to me. Interesting too that the coaches brought up NIL on his visit. I've been wondering how we're going to finesse that with recruits, but it looks like we're really upfront about it. They pointed out that Shtolzberg could be in a unique position. It sounded realistic and grounded. But, man, have I got questions about how proactive schools can be in promoting NIL with recruits or the current roster. My impression is that state laws might have a role in what a school can do.

Shtolzberg sounds like someone who, if he misses a shot or gets beat on a play, he's going to think to himself, "that was a fluke, and now I'm gonna show everybody why".

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:58 am

I am relieved to know that Rivals and the rest are planning to boost Ben into their rankings. I was a bit concerned when the
staff reached wwaaaaaay out into the weeds to find him.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:25 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I am relieved to know that Rivals and the rest are planning to boost Ben into their rankings. I was a bit concerned when the
staff reached wwaaaaaay out into the weeds to find him.

Have you not learned to trust the coaching staff? Have you ever been disappointed with Mac’s recruiting classes?
Post a reply