KeyShawn Feazell, C transfer (commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: KeyShawn Feazell, C transfer (commit)

Postby OKBluejay » Thu May 27, 2021 11:39 am

In fairness, the Nebraska game was his first game of the season and probably the first game of his college career where he was expected to more than just a role player. While it was against lesser competition, hopefully he was able to figure some things out in all of the minutes he played last season. We just need him to be a presence defensively and on the boards, and be able to take advantage of the occasional good looks on offense that he will get in our system.
OKBluejay

Postby jaysfor3 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:09 pm

KeyShawn Feazell was the #2 player out of Mississippi and 3 star as senior in high school with a 3.8 GPA. He had offers from at least Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Baylor, Iowa St, Pitt, and Alabama from what I can find.

“He has a tremendous upside,” said MSU coach Ben Howland. “He’s willing to be physical and very aggressive with his body. He has gigantic hands and great hands. I think his upside is big time for us in the future.”

https://www.djournal.com/sports/freshma ... 883e0.html

To me, with Creighton's ability to develop players, KeyShawn could reach new heights and be quite the steal for us. I could easily see him playing the pick and roll, lob, dunk, crashing the boards, physical presence we need down low in the Big East.
jaysfor3

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu May 27, 2021 2:32 pm

jaysfor3 wrote:KeyShawn Feazell was the #2 player out of Mississippi and 3 star as senior in high school with a 3.8 GPA. He had offers from at least Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Baylor, Iowa St, Pitt, and Alabama from what I can find.

“He has a tremendous upside,” said MSU coach Ben Howland. “He’s willing to be physical and very aggressive with his body. He has gigantic hands and great hands. I think his upside is big time for us in the future.”

To me, with Creighton's ability to develop players, KeyShawn could reach new heights and be quite the steal for us. I could easily see him playing the pick and roll, lob, dunk, crashing the boards, physical presence we need down low in the Big East.

He was not good in the pick-and-roll at McNeese State according to his Synergy numbers. I think he's much more effective hanging out in the dunker spot and diving to the rim. Decent passer out of the post, though he's not a particularly good post scorer.
JacobPadilla

Postby Django » Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm

AWESOME GET!!!!! JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!!!!!

WELCOME ABOARD KeyShawn!!!!!

We're starting to look like a Big East Team!!!!

https://whiteandbluereview.com/mcneese- ... ont-court/

New Creighton assistant coach Jalen Courtney-Williams was actually a video coordinator for Mississippi State during Feazell’s freshman season and coached the big man last season with the Cowboys, so this upcoming season in Omaha will be their third stop together.

https://www.americanpress.com/sports/fe ... a4eaf.html

This is Courtney-Williams' get through his SEC connections!!!!!

I'm telling you, the South has TONS of talent and when Jalen was hired I was hopeful we would be getting some SEC country players and BAM we already started.

I think Jalen is going to really enjoy Omaha, the Big East, and be able to explain to people down here in the South how awesome it is. SEC country has TONS of emerging talent and most want to be close to home but if we can start a pipeline to Omaha through Jalen it would really help our program grow. I'm pretty damed thrilled with what I see from KeyShawn as well, he had an awesome year at Mcneese State and I think he's ready for the Bright LIGHTS of the BIG EAST BAY BEEEEEEEEEEE

Check it out!!!!!
https://www.secsports.com/video/2276770 ... -leads-jam
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Jaybird » Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 pm

jaysfor3 wrote:KeyShawn Feazell was the #2 player out of Mississippi and 3 star as senior in high school with a 3.8 GPA. He had offers from at least Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Baylor, Iowa St, Pitt, and Alabama from what I can find.

Holy Shaq. After reading this, I'm beginning to wonder who'll be backing up who at the five next season. Some of you guys might want to consider pumping the brakes a little.
Jaybird

Postby Django » Thu May 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Jaybird wrote:

Holy Shaq. After reading this, I'm beginning to wonder who'll be backing up who at the five next season. Some of you guys might want to consider pumping the brakes a little.

I don't think anyone is calling him Shaq but we haven't had a player with a skill set like this since Echenique. Mac won't have to force him to eat anything like he has with every other 5 we've had since Gregory, and before that? Would have to go back a long ass time maybe to the big Benwha even... actually he reminds me of Gregory Brandon :shock:
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby jon4thejays » Thu May 27, 2021 7:28 pm

jon4thejays

Postby REALITY » Thu May 27, 2021 10:15 pm

Jaybird wrote:

Second this.
With the way we run our 5s (assuming we're going to play the same way as we have the last 4-5 years), he's going to need to be in great shape to play big minutes and in better shape than Kalk, who's already been in the program a year, to start/get more minutes than him.
REALITY

Postby Venturajay » Thu May 27, 2021 11:22 pm

Django wrote:
Jaybird wrote:

I don't think anyone is calling him Shaq but we haven't had a player with a skill set like this since Echenique. Mac won't have to force him to eat anything like he has with every other 5 we've had since Gregory, and before that? Would have to go back a long ass time maybe to the big Benwha even... actually he reminds me of Gregory Brandon :shock:

Gregory Brandon, there is a name from the past, I even think that he was drafted in like the seventh round by Seattle if I recall when there were 10 rounds in the draft.
Venturajay

Postby CPJays » Thu May 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Kalk will start. The big question is how many mins can we expect from him. I think 22 mins will probably be his average per game 25 feels overly optimistic. That leaves a lot of mins to fill on the block. KeyShawn should get 10-15 depending on the matchup and I am guessing Mac fills in with a small lineup for spurts.
CPJays

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting