2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Postby Dough Boy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:23 pm

#RollJays's intuition/information was spot-on. Dotzler has hit the portal.
Dough Boy

Postby omajay » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:30 pm

I get everyone's appreciation for the Dotzler family and what they've done for the Omaha community. And, I thought Josh was a good player in the Missouri Valley (especially before his injury). But, I struggle with how so many people feel this is a huge loss. He largely played against mop up duty, and he had turnover issues against much lesser teams. If his last name was Smith (or Lawson), would we consider this a huge loss? If he was really ready to play, he would have played a little more this year. His best offers besides CU were Mo Valley schools. I expect he will play at a much lower level.
omajay

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:57 pm

omajay wrote:I get everyone's appreciation for the Dotzler family and what they've done for the Omaha community. And, I thought Josh was a good player in the Missouri Valley (especially before his injury). But, I struggle with how so many people feel this is a huge loss. He largely played against mop up duty, and he had turnover issues against much lesser teams. If his last name was Smith (or Lawson), would we consider this a huge loss? If he was really ready to play, he would have played a little more this year. His best offers besides CU were Mo Valley schools. I expect he will play at a much lower level.

Omaha would be a nice fit.
#RollJays

Postby HinkyDinky » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:59 pm

omajay wrote:I get everyone's appreciation for the Dotzler family and what they've done for the Omaha community. And, I thought Josh was a good player in the Missouri Valley (especially before his injury). But, I struggle with how so many people feel this is a huge loss. He largely played against mop up duty, and he had turnover issues against much lesser teams. If his last name was Smith (or Lawson), would we consider this a huge loss? If he was really ready to play, he would have played a little more this year. His best offers besides CU were Mo Valley schools. I expect he will play at a much lower level.

Exactly. I thought I was alone on this. Did not shoot 3 well in Bahamas or when he had a chance in his very limited minutes. Also 3 assists in 77 minutes with more turnovers doesn’t scream PG. Did go to the rim
well and after a full year it seems a mid- major gig to prove your chops is in order. Hope he proves me wrong.
HinkyDinky

Postby Helmzy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:09 pm

Hearing Drake or St Louis. Both great spots for Josiah!
Helmzy

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:12 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm

It is done.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:45 pm

Pick and pop with Cream Abdul Jabbar!

Good luck, Josiah!
vivid_dude

Previous

Return to Recruiting