2022 Wing Isaac Traudt (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Wing Isaac Traudt (Offered)

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:41 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:If Traudt is sure thing to come here like many are saying, is there a reason he hasn't announced that yet? Is he waiting to see who comes back and who doesn't? Or is he coming here regardless of who's back and who isn't? Surely Helmzy has some input here...

I think it's as simple as he's a 19-year-old kid who is making a significant change in his life and is operating on his own time, not ours. He'll go through whatever process he needs to take and make his announcement when he's ready.
JacobPadilla

Postby Syajeulb » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:49 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:If Traudt is sure thing to come here like many are saying, is there a reason he hasn't announced that yet? Is he waiting to see who comes back and who doesn't? Or is he coming here regardless of who's back and who isn't? Surely Helmzy has some input here...

I think it's as simple as he's a 19-year-old kid who is making a significant change in his life and is operating on his own time, not ours. He'll go through whatever process he needs to take and make his announcement when he's ready.

Well said, Jacob.
Syajeulb

Postby jaysfan3 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:18 pm

Poster on HHC - “I'm hearing he is planning on committing to CU as early as tonight. His high school coaches and parents want him to come to NU but his girlfriend is wanting him to come to CU instead.”
jaysfan3

Postby Syajeulb » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:20 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:Poster on HHC - “I'm hearing he is planning on committing to CU as early as tonight. His high school coaches and parents want him to come to NU but his girlfriend is wanting him to come to CU instead.”

I don't know why, but this really cracks me up. Blame the girlfriend, lol.
Syajeulb

Postby westojay » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:32 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:Poster on HHC - “I'm hearing he is planning on committing to CU as early as tonight. His high school coaches and parents want him to come to NU but his girlfriend is wanting him to come to CU instead.”

Or maybe he wants to go to a winning, relevant program? Lol
Last edited by westojay on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westojay

Postby jpinkham3 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:56 pm

westojay wrote:

Maybe he wants to go to a winning, relevant program? Lol

The level of disdain that big bread fans have for Creighton and its success gives me so much joy.
Follow me on Twitter: @BluejayBuff
jpinkham3

Postby Realhoops » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:06 pm

Well that kind of checks out. I mean, I'm sure his parents and his high school coaches are begging him to go the program with less success, in a conference with less success, to play for a coach with less success in his current tenure. I mean, afterall Nebraska did beat us on our own floor this year and that overrides all sense of any recent history from the last decade. At least that's what I'm gathering from every single Husker fan I see anywhere online or on social media.

Few things in life give me more joy than when a really high quality local recruit chooses Creighton over Lincoln. And even though he wasn't a local recruit, Ricky Kreklow will forever be an absolute legend in my mind for choosing to walk on and pay his own way here over taking a scholarship offer to go to Lincoln.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby omajay » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Realhoops wrote:

Well that kind of checks out. I mean, I'm sure his parents and his high school coaches are begging him to go the program with less success, in a conference with less success, to play for a coach with less success in his current tenure. I mean, afterall Nebraska did beat us on our own floor this year and that overrides all sense of any recent history from the last decade. At least that's what I'm gathering from every single Husker fan I see anywhere online or on social media.

Few things in life give me more joy than when a really high quality local recruit chooses Creighton over Lincoln. And even though he wasn't a local recruit, Ricky Kreklow will forever be an absolute legend in my mind for choosing to walk on and pay his own way here over taking a scholarship offer to go to Lincoln.

Traudt's high school coach was interviewed by a radio station (maybe in the GI area). He said Traudt has two good options to choose from that are in Nebraska. The coach acknowledged that CU's system works well for Traudt's game although he did point out that NU was a good option too.
omajay

Postby taa71458 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:31 pm

omajay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:

Traudt's high school coach was interviewed by a radio station (maybe in the GI area). He said Traudt has two good options to choose from that are in Nebraska. The coach acknowledged that CU's system works well for Traudt's game although he did point out that NU was a good option too.

What was the second option? UNO?
taa71458

Postby jaysfan3 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:33 pm

His highschool coach also said he’s a husker fan. I’m sure he’s in Isaac’s ear.
jaysfan3

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting