2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Commit)

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:12 pm

WBR's Matt DeMarinis caught up with Ryan Nembhard and talked to him about his commitment:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/four-sta ... ing-class/
WBR Tom

Postby drbluejay » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Polyfro wrote:WBR's Matt DeMarinis caught up with Ryan Nembhard and talked to him about his commitment:

Ryan's 3.6 ass./turnover ratio stands out for me. I love pass first PG's and so do the other 4 guys on the court.
Last edited by drbluejay on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
drbluejay

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:10 pm

Nice writeup on RN

some of his quotes sort of strike me about how kids like Ryan who have older siblings who understand the process and what's out there - or guys who are transferring and looking at things through opened eyes now view the program and what we have to offer vs elite HS kids without those ties. I think Euros are similar too in some respect.

we're the sleeper pick. Maybe it doesn't look quite the same as something fancied up or name brand - but next thing you know you're getting your doors blown off.

https://youtu.be/EE5x9vlb0ss
hope this continues - and it's interesting that some guys in our pipeline (DeVries, Miller) - fit the profile of guys that 'get it'
cujaysfan

Postby mightyskid » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:12 pm

drbluejay wrote:
Polyfro wrote:WBR's Matt DeMarinis caught up with Ryan Nembhard and talked to him about his commitment:

Ryan's 3.6 turnover/ass. ratio stands out for me. I love pass first PG's and so do the other 4 guys on the court.

I'm sure you meant; "assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.6". I mean, if it was a 3.6 turnover-to-assist ratio and that stood out to you.......I'd be worried about you! ;)
mightyskid

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:52 pm

I love that so many of our incoming players have international experience playing for their countries. You typically can’t duplicate that level of pressure before college. I don’t know if it’s intentional or coincidental by the staff, but we are also targeting players who come from strong basketball families and backgrounds. (It all started when Kyle Korver’s mom scores 73 points in one game.)

I saw on Twitter that somebody posted an updated scholarship matrix. The future at Creighton is bright.
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:12 pm

vivid_dude wrote:I love that so many of our incoming players have international experience playing for their countries. You typically can’t duplicate that level of pressure before college. I don’t know if it’s intentional or coincidental by the staff, but we are also targeting players who come from strong basketball families and backgrounds. (It all started when Kyle Korver’s mom scores 73 points in one game.)

I saw on Twitter that somebody posted an updated scholarship matrix. The future at Creighton is bright.

If you would, please give us a link to that new matrix. Thanks.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejayb13 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:23 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:I love that so many of our incoming players have international experience playing for their countries. You typically can’t duplicate that level of pressure before college. I don’t know if it’s intentional or coincidental by the staff, but we are also targeting players who come from strong basketball families and backgrounds. (It all started when Kyle Korver’s mom scores 73 points in one game.)

If you would, please give us a link to that new matrix. Thanks.

bluejayb13

Postby drbluejay » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:03 am

mightyskid wrote:
drbluejay wrote:

Ryan's 3.6 turnover/ass. ratio stands out for me. I love pass first PG's and so do the other 4 guys on the court.

I'm sure you meant; "assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.6". I mean, if it was a 3.6 turnover-to-assist ratio and that stood out to you.......I'd be worried about you! ;)

Yes, I can't believe I turned it around by mistake. Thank you for pointing it out.
drbluejay

Postby bleedblue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:18 am

This will likely be the most important signing for next years class. He may not be the highest ranked player or "most talented" according tonthe websites but he will be the most important. We've seen over the past 10 years under Mac just how important the point guard position is for this team. No offense to Davion but he wasn't a true point and the team just wasn't the same with him running the show vs when Maurice or Marcus were. Nembhard looks to be the real deal and will be able to keep the team going forward once we lose MZ.
bleedblue

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:37 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Now let's get Mr. Bates! Go Jays!

For you Fritz:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/873062847/bonnie-pointer-founding-member-of-the-pointer-sisters-dead-at-69

Her brother played with Paul Silas.
Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting