2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Commit)

Postby REALITY » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:49 pm

Helmzy wrote:Does this mean brother might come??

We have one ride left this season, so it's doable on our end.
REALITY

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:32 am

Looks like we're jumping into the full Gonzaga model.. I like it!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ps-dynasty

a couple of quotes from 247 on Nembhard. They have him in the top 100. I think our system is starting to be a big help to our recruiting

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 147928615/

"He has good quickness for the position, which combined with his basketball IQ and ball skills make him dangerous in both halfcourt and transition situations.

Nembhard is pass-first by nature and uses his vision and handle to get by opposing defenders and create open looks for teammates.

As a scorer, Nembhard is most efficient from within the perimeter, has nice touch on his floater and is a crafty finisher. His three-point shot has improved over the years and will be an area for him to continue to get better at moving forward.

Nembhard is a tough on ball defender who uses his lateral quickness, motor and and feel to frustrate opposing ball handlers. He averaged 2.0 steals per game in the 2019 FIBA u16 Americas."

also, didn't realize he was originally a 2022 recruit who reclassified.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:18 pm

REALITY wrote:Impressive. Great start to a class that we need. Get just DeVries and it's a solid class, but add Bates, Sallis, and/or Mason Miller and that's a top 10 class in the country, maybe top 5.

My pick for the other two rides would be Mason Miller and then one of the wings of high interest. Miller looks like a Creighton stretch 4 plus! I think he could flourish in a McBuckets setup. Would love to get Sallis as I love it when local kids stay home. The vibe I have is it won’t happen. DeVries or Bates seem more likely. Warley is a stud but is he a 2 guard or a 1? Listed as combo which is hard to read.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Woah. The staff has done an unbelievable job this year. Last year was a bit shoddy (Windham didn’t quite work out, we’ll see how Shereef turns out) but the late commits this year and the fact that we have a top 100 2021 guy committing already is huge. Props to Mac and Co. I’m impressed
ZMagic30

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:22 pm

I don't believe Creighton is even involved with Andrew, nor should they be.
JacobPadilla

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 am

JacobPadilla wrote:

why shouldnt they be? Is it because they already have a PG commit?
SonofFrankTomera

Postby #RollJays » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 am

JacobPadilla wrote:

I don't think anyone is implying that we only recruited Ryan to give us a better shot at Andrew. But it would definitely make sense to recruit a really good player that you have an "in" with like we do in this situation.
#RollJays

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 pm

#RollJays wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:

I don't think anyone is implying that we only recruited Ryan to give us a better shot at Andrew. But it would definitely make sense to recruit a really good player that you have an "in" with like we do in this situation.

I believe part of the recruiting pitch to Ryan is he opportunity for early playing time and to succeed Marcus as CU's next point guard. You don't recruit over a guy with his older brother. It might be different if they played different positions, but they don't. Do they even want to play together in college? Creighton is slated to have Rati (who 247 has ranked higher than Nembhard in their respective classes), Nembhard and Shereef at PG for 2021-22 with a lot of other spots to fill. I think the focus shifts to wings and a stretch four.

I'm also not a huge fan of Andrew's as a player or a fit for Creighton. Good distributor, good size, but not a great shooter or scorer and just never really popped in a good way for me when I watched Florida. I just don't see it as a good fit for CU or Andrew.
JacobPadilla

Postby #RollJays » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Thanks for the clarification on that Jacob.
#RollJays

Postby Helmzy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Yup I don’t think we want him either that’s why I said might. I just saw a tweet we could be in the mix for Andrew so I had to bring it up here.
Helmzy

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting