2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:47 am

Angry Dan wrote:
jays911 wrote:
REALITY wrote:Call me an awful fan, but I don't see a team, without Marcus, made up of AoC, Antwann, Ryan, Reef, and CB, plus all the young guys doing much next season and I sure as hell don't see the 22-23 team doing well unless we bring in some top level transfers or instant impact freshmen. And this is assuming that everyone already on the team stays, which is not guaranteed.

We might be just as well bringing in a new head coach and blowing it all up now anyways

Please go away.

Don’t forget Rati

“Don’t forget Rati” literally cured my irrational depression from the TyTy decommitment. I’m not being a smart ass. I totally forgot about Rati in the moment today and was reminded he was in the same zip code as TyTy in recruiting rankings. Not the same block, but same zip code.

Thank you, AngryDan.
vivid_dude

Postby drbluejay » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:53 am

Earlier I gave Ty only an 80% chance of signing. He committed something like 3 or 4 days before the end of NLI day.
If he was 100%, there would have been no reason not to sign back in November. I always felt something was fishy with him not signing and figured he was leaving all options open without announcing it.
drbluejay

Postby Venturajay » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:54 am

Just saw this, not good news. I guess we will see how all this unfolds within the next year provided Mac stays at CU
Venturajay

Postby REALITY » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:00 am

drbluejay wrote:Earlier I gave Ty only an 80% chance of signing. He committed something like 3 or 4 days before the end of NLI day.
If he was 100%, there would have been no reason not to sign back in November. I always felt something was fishy with him not signing and figured he was leaving all options open without announcing it.

Ah yes, there's a large elephant in the room, but I'd rather blame the kid instead for trashing it.
REALITY

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 am

The unfortunate thing about losing him in particular, is not how good of a player he is (while that hurts), it's more that he filled a very specific need for next years team as the guy that can "create" his own shot when the going gets tough and ball movement is not enough.

This class was beautifully crafted with balance and intent.

Ryan - the steady unselfish point guard to keep us on schedule and score when needed, but not at the level Marcus does
John - our replacement for Mitch, the guy who makes the other team dedicate a guy to stay close by and not help, or he'll rain threes
Mason - the stretch 4, with a little more wiggle and athleticism but less heft, that we haven't had since Wragge

TyTy - the guy we haven't really had since Marcus Foster left. A cold blooded bucket getter using an array of dribbles and moves to be able to score anywhere at any time.

You put all 4 of them together and it's perfectly balanced with shooting and athleticism, now there's a gaping hole. I would argue you could take any of the other three out and it's not as damaging to next years team.

Next years team is really talented as well, but the one thing we'll need to figure out is who is the go to scorer when we really need a bucket. For this year's team it's ultimately Marcus even though DJ and Denzel have been able to fill that role when they have the right matchups.

Missing out on TyTy really sucks, but maybe what it really means is Hunter decided to stay home.... 8-)
Ethanfor3

Postby Venturajay » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:28 am

Ethanfor3 wrote:The unfortunate thing about losing him in particular, is not how good of a player he is (while that hurts), it's more that he filled a very specific need for next years team as the guy that can "create" his own shot when the going gets tough and ball movement is not enough.

This class was beautifully crafted with balance and intent.

Ryan - the steady unselfish point guard to keep us on schedule and score when needed, but not at the level Marcus does
John - our replacement for Mitch, the guy who makes the other team dedicate a guy to stay close by and not help, or he'll rain threes
Mason - the stretch 4, with a little more wiggle and athleticism but less heft, that we haven't had since Wragge

TyTy - the guy we haven't really had since Marcus Foster left. A cold blooded bucket getter using an array of dribbles and moves to be able to score anywhere at any time.

You put all 4 of them together and it's perfectly balanced with shooting and athleticism, now there's a gaping hole. I would argue you could take any of the other three out and it's not as damaging to next years team.

Next years team is really talented as well, but the one thing we'll need to figure out is who is the go to scorer when we really need a bucket. For this year's team it's ultimately Marcus even though DJ and Denzel have been able to fill that role when they have the right matchups.

Missing out on TyTy really sucks, but maybe what it really means is Hunter decided to stay home.... 8-)

Well there is an optimist viewpoint, Hunter staying home nice, lets hope for the best. You never know.
Venturajay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:18 am

REALITY wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Earlier I gave Ty only an 80% chance of signing. He committed something like 3 or 4 days before the end of NLI day.

Ah yes, there's a large elephant in the room, but I'd rather blame the kid instead for trashing it.

He's not trashing him, he's pointing out the obvious that if he were 100% he would have signed. These days any kid who isn't signed is a risk to jump even if there isn't something like this going on and shooting up the recruiting lists means lots of options and lots of people talking to him about where he should go.
Chicagojayfan

Postby PHXJayFan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 am

Yeah I’m most interested now to see how we respond to this now. Obviously plan A is Sallis but I’m not holding my breath for that one. I wonder if there’s another Euro-kid we’ve had our eyes on that a spot just opened up for, or if we join the transfer market. How we fill his decommitment is really going to shape how I think about Mac going forward
PHXJayFan

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:48 am

PHXJayFan wrote: How we fill his decommitment is really going to shape how I think about Mac going forward

Well that's a shame if you're going to base your opinion of Mac on how we replace this one kid who decommitted very late and when pretty much every known quality recruit is already committed somewhere else ...
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby PHXJayFan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 am

Realhoops wrote:
PHXJayFan wrote: How we fill his decommitment is really going to shape how I think about Mac going forward

Well that's a shame if you're going to base your opinion of Mac on how we replace this one kid who decommitted very late and when pretty much every known quality recruit is already committed somewhere else ...

There’s still going to be the ability to add a quality player transfer wise at least. I’m not asking for some 5 star replacement. I’m asking for a decent cog that will fill a spot.
PHXJayFan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting