2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Simply referring back to your assertion that: Winning is our cure.

As far as it not mattering in 3 years... only if we win. Right or wrong, winning cures all (from a strict basketball perspective). If this current recruiting class, with the current staff, falls apart then we may not have a team as close to the caliber of the past two rosters. UConn is in the league now and recruiting like crazy. St. John's is getting better. Butler has super-talented freshmen. Nova isn't going anywhere.

IMO we've been a top 4 conference program since joining the Big East, with one three-way tie for the regular-season title to show for it. If we can't make a splash now, how are we going to do with lesser recruiting? Winning is the only way to dig out of this hole.

I agree wholeheartedly. Evidently, so does Gus.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby NateFunkyTown » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:06 pm

So I assume it’s a given TyTy is no longer considering us as an option going forward, but has anyone heard anything for certain on this. Any news on where he is looking now? Like I said I’m not gonna get my hopes up or anything, but it’d be really cool if Greg could patch things up there enough where he at least gave us a second look. Regardless, I’ll be rooting for TyTy wherever he ends up. Seems like an all-around great kid.
NateFunkyTown

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm

We’re out.

Kansas, Auburn, Illinois, LSU, Kentucky, UCLA. Last I saw
bluejayfan00

Postby White&BlueDude » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 pm

This was not a 'patch-up' type of thing, this was a 'I want to play for a blue blood' type of thing.
White&BlueDude

Postby mel ott » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

White&BlueDude wrote:This was not a 'patch-up' type of thing, this was a 'I want to play for a blue blood' type of thing.

I would believe that is the case as well.
mel ott

Postby jln » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Givony has an article on ESPN saying he’s considering the G League too.
jln

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:42 pm

There is a new article on The Athletic where TyTy confirms that he decommitted from CU due to the "plantation" remark from Mac. Also says he is "obviously" blowing up and is being prioritized by Kentucky.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby omajay » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:48 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:There is a new article on The Athletic where TyTy confirms that he decommitted from CU due to the "plantation" remark from Mac. Also says he is "obviously" blowing up and is being prioritized by Kentucky.

I'd be curious what TyTy and his parents told Ras and/or Father H. when they contacted them after Mac's comment (One or both contacted all players, parents, and recruits/parents). If the comment was the reason for him decommitting, then you would hope they expressed that to Ras and/or Father.
omajay

Postby Bluestate1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:30 pm

First crystal ball prediction is for Kentucky
Bluestate1

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting