2021 Tucker DeVries

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 Tucker DeVries

Postby jaysfan3 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 pm

JayPak wrote:I don’t get the feeling that reaching the EE is Mac’s top goal in life.

I’m assuming you’ve seen Tucker play?
jaysfan3

Postby JayPak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:
JayPak wrote:I don’t get the feeling that reaching the EE is Mac’s top goal in life.

Nothing to do with Tucker. He’s Darrian’s son; he’s probably legit. Hope we land him.
My comment was in reference to an earlier poster saying Mac might retire by 60 to hit the links. It often seems to me that golf is more of a priority to Mac than recruiting.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 pm

JayPak wrote:
jaysfan3 wrote:

Nothing to do with Tucker. He’s Darrian’s son; he’s probably legit. Hope we land him.
My comment was in reference to an earlier poster saying Mac might retire by 60 to hit the links. It often seems to me that golf is more of a priority to Mac than recruiting.

Nothing like some Mac bashing to start the new year! Thought I’d see it in the Kennesaw thread but hey doesn’t matter where you put it. Sure Mac has his in-game and coaching flaws -cough Marquette cough Georgetown meltdown cough not building depth in non-con - but the guy seems like a dedicated coach to his players and good rep for the university.

Call me crazy but I’d much rather be a fan of a middling to above average program with something to look forward to than a powerhouse who expects the 1,2,3 top recruits then is sad when they don’t make the final four or sends death threats to players for accidentally injuring one of their guys.

Anyway here’s to another year and more recruiting battles!
Eye of the Jay

Postby cu8493 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 pm

You must be from Iowa (I kid. Just poking fun at my Hawkeye friends who love them some run of the mill 7-5/8-4 seasons)
cu8493

Postby bluejayb13 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Literally no one on this board thinks that Creighton can become Duke, UK, Kansas, UNC, etc. A singular sweet 16 appearance would shut every Mac basher on this board up.
bluejayb13

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:13 pm

The problem is that Creighton has accomplished much less than other middling programs have. The longer they remain in the BE without having reached a S16, the more glaring that disparity becomes. It's not necessarily the biggest deal in the world right now, but it can absolutely be used to recruit against Creighton.

Back on the topic of Tucker DeVries, I would love it if he came here.
ZMagic30

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 pm

I just hope we can get Tucker's commit. It would be a great start to the 2021 recruiting campaign.

Can't believe we're getting Mac-bashing on the recruiting threads?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby mredle » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:51 am

Folks since the end game fiasco against Marquette keeps coming up as one of Mac’s flaws I can’t hold my tongue anymore. I believed at the time and still to this day that the screw up wasn’t Mac’s, it was a player’s. Mac took the blame to protect the player. That’s what good coaches do. I know, because once I was the player who made the bone-headed play. And a coach who does that for a player will never admit that was the case.
mredle

Postby Venturajay » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:26 am

I would be cool if Tucker came to CU, any Mac bashing in my opinion is warranted, the dude makes a few million a year, has job security, and has won a total of three NCAA games in 20 plus years of coaching - it comes with the territory.
Venturajay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

Venturajay wrote:I would be cool if Tucker came to CU, any Mac bashing in my opinion is warranted, the dude makes a few million a year, has job security, and has won a total of three NCAA games in 20 plus years of coaching - it comes with the territory.

and the other narrative is that he took over a floundering program that Altman dumped because he wasn't interested in being here and made them relevant enough to get the bid to the BE. Since then he has had 1 losing season in the Big East in 7 years while retooling his roster to fit in with the athleticism of the P5 and while pretty much out performing expectations/predictions every single year.

He's also taken the roster from having 0 top 100 recruits to getting them regularly, including just having landed one of the highest rated recruits Creighton's ever gotten (depends on how Benoit was ranked probably) and a few more depending on which rating list you use for Marcus and A. Jones. And, his non-touted recruits end up being pretty good as well - K.Thomas, and last year's "failed" class is contributing immediatly (except for A. Jones who's received a ton of notices in practice, but has to sit out a year).

Yes, we all want to break through in the tourney and that's incredibly frustrating for a lot of reasons, but the idea that Mac is disengaged, doesn't work hard, doesn't care, and isn't successful, is pretty much BS
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting