2020 Class

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Class

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Helmzy wrote:
HaRdWoOd wrote:What makes Davions departure such a sure thing? Did i miss something? This is a guy that was a starter for 2.5 years, started every game last year and may have been a starter this year, if not for the ankle injury. He started all 3 games in Australia and led the team in assists. Where is he going that is a more attractive option than Creighton? Is he going to play closer to home?

Yes, I originally heard (first couple weeks into his injury) he was going to sit out this year and grad transfer closer to home.

Think of how many ACC schools or really good mid-majors there are in the NC area. Could go to somewhere like Wake Forest, Clemson or NC State and probably start right away and get 20-30 minutes. Could also head to a place like Davidson or to the SEC at South Carolina. But....if Tyshon does decide to leave, you have to believe he would get the start at the 2 if he stuck around. Still probably only playing 20-25 min a game though.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Alphawalt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:20 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:
Helmzy wrote:
HaRdWoOd wrote:What makes Davions departure such a sure thing? Did i miss something? This is a guy that was a starter for 2.5 years, started every game last year and may have been a starter this year, if not for the ankle injury. He started all 3 games in Australia and led the team in assists. Where is he going that is a more attractive option than Creighton? Is he going to play closer to home?

Yes, I originally heard (first couple weeks into his injury) he was going to sit out this year and grad transfer closer to home.

Think of how many ACC schools or really good mid-majors there are in the NC area. Could go to somewhere like Wake Forest, Clemson or NC State and probably start right away and get 20-30 minutes. Could also head to a place like Davidson or to the SEC at South Carolina. But....if Tyshon does decide to leave, you have to believe he would get the start at the 2 if he stuck around. Still probably only playing 20-25 min a game though.

Starter at Wake, Clemson, or NC State? He was only a starter here because we were not stocked at guard and he came in as a touted prospect. He never averaged 10 ppg or over 3 apg. He would be a nice piece off the bench for us though, and he should take pride in doing so. Looks like it will be fun playing here next year.
Alphawalt

Postby #RollJays » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:
Helmzy wrote:

Just me, but if I was going to grad transfer I would go somewhere that I am going to be the star. Some place like UNC Charlotte or some other mid major. Otherwise, I would just stay at Creighton and embrace the 10-20 minute role.
#RollJays

Postby bluejayb13 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:03 am

Alphawalt wrote:
Starter at Wake, Clemson, or NC State? He was only a starter here because we were not stocked at guard and he came in as a touted prospect. He never averaged 10 ppg or over 3 apg. He would be a nice piece off the bench for us though, and he should take pride in doing so. Looks like it will be fun playing here next year.

Davion was a 2.5 year starter and almost certainly was going to be a starter again this year. He wasn't asked to carry the scoring load, last year he was tasked with guarding the other teams best on a nightly basis. Also, he wasn't a highly touted prospect. He was a mid 3 star with a .821 player rating and 401 overall, that is lower rated than any scholarship player on this team other than Mahoney who was completely missed out of HS and Kelvin.

Davion is set on pursuing his NBA dream, whether it is realistic or not. He would probably start at any of those schools mentioned...he was going to start on this team that is currently a top 15 team, I think he'd probably start on 3 teams that are currently not making the dance.
bluejayb13

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:10 am

bluejayb13 wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:

Davion was a 2.5 year starter and almost certainly was going to be a starter again this year. He wasn't asked to carry the scoring load, last year he was tasked with guarding the other teams best on a nightly basis. Also, he wasn't a highly touted prospect. He was a mid 3 star with a .821 player rating and 401 overall, that is lower rated than any scholarship player on this team other than Mahoney who was completely missed out of HS and Kelvin.

Davion is set on pursuing his NBA dream, whether it is realistic or not. He would probably start at any of those schools mentioned...he was going to start on this team that is currently a top 15 team, I think he'd probably start on 3 teams that are currently not making the dance.

Agree, but I don't know that he was going to start this year. At worst, he was going to be a very good rotation/6th man who we relied on a lot.

He tested the waters with an NBA evaluation and then really worked hard to show up in the fall in really great shape for the season. Sucks that he got hurt as I think he was prepped for a very good season and would have helped us this year (like in the Michigan game). The next level will depend on whether or not he can learn to play PG/or Combo Guard enough to stick to a roster. He has good D and is an athletic player who can shoot the 3 and drive a bit. If I had to guess, he's a G-League/Overseas player in the pros, but if he can figure out how to play PG, his level is maybe higher.
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayb13 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
bluejayb13 wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:

Agree, but I don't know that he was going to start this year. At worst, he was going to be a very good rotation/6th man who we relied on a lot.

He tested the waters with an NBA evaluation and then really worked hard to show up in the fall in really great shape for the season. Sucks that he got hurt as I think he was prepped for a very good season and would have helped us this year (like in the Michigan game). The next level will depend on whether or not he can learn to play PG/or Combo Guard enough to stick to a roster. He has good D and is an athletic player who can shoot the 3 and drive a bit. If I had to guess, he's a G-League/Overseas player in the pros, but if he can figure out how to play PG, his level is maybe higher.

I know Mac has referred to him when talking about losing him as losing a starter, so I assume he was set to start at the time he went down. But yes, he would have been a solid addition to this team I think. Part of me wonders if Tyshon develops into the defender he is now without Mintz's injury though. I also wonder what he is thinking right now...at the time he decided to sit out we were good, but not looking 3-4 seed good.
bluejayb13

Postby mredle » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:00 am

Hardwood, in answer to your question, you haven’t missed anything. People are speculating, some because they would like to see him go.
mredle

Postby #RollJays » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:40 am

mredle wrote:Hardwood, in answer to your question, you haven’t missed anything. People are speculating, some because they would like to see him go.

And now you’re speculating. :)
#RollJays

Postby HaRdWoOd » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 pm

mredle wrote:Hardwood, in answer to your question, you haven’t missed anything. People are speculating, some because they would like to see him go.

Umm yeah. That is what I thought. Its the old 90/10 rule. 10% of the posts bring 90% of the good info. The other 90% of the posts are just full of shit.
HaRdWoOd

Postby bluejayb13 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:11 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:

Umm yeah. That is what I thought. Its the old 90/10 rule. 10% of the posts bring 90% of the good info. The other 90% of the posts are just full of shit.

At the moment, it's a pretty near damn sure thing. Nothings a certainty though.
bluejayb13

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting