2020 Class

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Class

Postby blueblood » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 am

Isn't Jordan Scurry using one too?
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby bluejayfan2054 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:41 am

blueblood wrote:Isn't Jordan Scurry using one too?

I think he was using the open scholarship last semester but Canfield got it this semester. I just checked the roster and we have 13 scholarship players when you include Canfield so Scurry cannot have one this semester.
bluejayfan2054

Postby #RollJays » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:46 am

blueblood wrote:Isn't Jordan Scurry using one too?

He got one for the 2nd semester of last year I believe.
#RollJays

Postby HaRdWoOd » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:04 pm

What makes Davions departure such a sure thing? Did i miss something? This is a guy that was a starter for 2.5 years, started every game last year and may have been a starter this year, if not for the ankle injury. He started all 3 games in Australia and led the team in assists. Where is he going that is a more attractive option than Creighton? Is he going to play closer to home?
HaRdWoOd

Postby jaysfan3 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:09 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:What makes Davions departure such a sure thing? Did i miss something? This is a guy that was a starter for 2.5 years, started every game last year and may have been a starter this year, if not for the ankle injury. He started all 3 games in Australia and led the team in assists. Where is he going that is a more attractive option than Creighton? Is he going to play closer to home?

It seems he wants to start and play at least 30 mins a game. I’d say both of those aren’t certain next year.
jaysfan3

Postby bleedblue » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:12 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:What makes Davions departure such a sure thing? Did i miss something? This is a guy that was a starter for 2.5 years, started every game last year and may have been a starter this year, if not for the ankle injury. He started all 3 games in Australia and led the team in assists. Where is he going that is a more attractive option than Creighton? Is he going to play closer to home?

I think it comes down to minutes not being there for him and not playing the position he wants. He wont start at the 1 over Zegs and hes not ahead of Ty or Mitch so he'd likely be a guy off the bench. Going from a 2 year starter to the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench can be tough and while hes a good player theres probably only 10-15 min a game for him which he wouldnt want.
bleedblue

Postby #RollJays » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:22 pm

bleedblue wrote:

I think it comes down to minutes not being there for him and not playing the position he wants. He wont start at the 1 over Zegs and hes not ahead of Ty or Mitch so he'd likely be a guy off the bench. Going from a 2 year starter to the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench can be tough and while hes a good player theres probably only 10-15 min a game for him which he wouldnt want.

I hope he comes back but like you said, it would be for a 10-15 minute role at best. You have to think Marcus, Ty-Shon and Mitch are all going to be 32 minutes or more guys. Shereef is going to get 10ish minutes. Antwaan Jones is probably going to force Denzel or DJ into some minutes at the 3 spot as well. Amazing problem to have.
#RollJays

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:23 pm

#RollJays wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

I hope he comes back but like you said, it would be for a 10-15 minute role at best. You have to think Marcus, Ty-Shon and Mitch are all going to be 32 minutes or more guys. Shereef is going to get 10ish minutes. Antwaan Jones is probably going to force Denzel or DJ into some minutes at the 3 spot as well. Amazing problem to have.

Plus Primo or Walton ;)
bluejayfan00

Postby Helmzy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Yes, I originally heard (first couple weeks into his injury) he was going to sit out this year and grad transfer closer to home.
Helmzy

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 pm

Jays still on Sanogo's list. No visits taken. Are we still interested?

https://247sports.com/college/baske...- ... 143921256/
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting