2019 G Antwann Jones (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 G Antwann Jones (Transfer Commit)

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm

"Getting run off" might sound like a shaky reason but that's the majority of the requests for waivers these days, as Jeff Goodman's tweet points out.

IMHO Jones being approved for a waiver is likely enough to make it worth trying. Not saying it will be, just that other players have been approved -- including a former teammate at Memphis, David Wingett -- with the exact same reasoning.

Now, the longer the NCAA drags its feet on it the more you have to wonder if it's worth it. We're 25% of the way through the schedule at this point...
WBR Tom

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Polyfro wrote:We're 25% of the way through the schedule at this point...

With a guy (potential starter) becoming eligible at his natural spot in a week. Unless (SMH) - the plan is to play him at the 5 - which I guess we'd do out of necessity.
cujaysfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 pm

cujaysfan wrote:

With a guy (potential starter) becoming eligible at his natural spot in a week. Unless (SMH) - the plan is to play him at the 5 - which I guess we'd do out of necessity.

Agree, I'm inclined to want to hold onto his 3 years of eligibility at this point. Let Mahoney get into the rotation, work in Jones next year
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jet915 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm

cujaysfan wrote:

At 6'6 he'd be the 3rd tallest guy on the team (not counting Zeil). It would be Runnels or Harriman at the 5 all over again, yikes.
Jet915

Postby Trifecta » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:

Agree, I'm inclined to want to hold onto his 3 years of eligibility at this point. Let Mahoney get into the rotation, work in Jones next year

Agreed. I'd much rather he have a full season with Kalkbrenner, healthy Epperson (hopefully), and DJ/Mahoney. That way we don't have to play him out of position. Next year really is a going to be the year to cash in, assuming everyone returns and there are no more unfortunate injuries.
Trifecta

Postby ictjay » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Our best rebounder though.....
ictjay

Postby T-bone » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:

Some have said we are not going to have him for three years. He might be gone after his first full year from what some people suggest. I have no clue personally.
T-bone

Postby bluejayb13 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:52 pm

If he's good enough to be drafted after one year...by all means get yours young man
bluejayb13

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:08 am

Even if they don't end up needing to play him, it's better to have that option if more injuries happen. Getting the waiver doesn't mean he burns his redshirt automatically.
JacobPadilla

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 am

Demarinis also mentioned in the podcast last night that Davion sitting this year and grad transferring out still isn’t of the question. If that’s the case we absolutely have to play Antwann for depth alone, if he were approved.
NUgradCUfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting