2019 G Antwann Jones (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2019 G Antwann Jones (Transfer Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 am

sit one play three transfer from Memphis. Exactly the type of player, the Jays have had trouble guarding over the last few years. Big frame, good at getting to the bucket, strong rebounder. Needs help with his shot, but DJ showed last year that a full transfer season to work on his stroke can pay off. Jones would be a big addition to the roster in how it is constructed moving forward. Would give the Jays another strong piece for 20-21.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/recruiting-memphis-transfer-antwann-jones-visiting-creighton-thursday/article_9dd95bee-4d61-5411-8a5f-5d099fa101c2.html
hilltopalum

Re: 2019 G Antwann Jones (Transfer)

Postby #RollJays » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am

Need this kid.
#RollJays

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am

Would be nice. I think he'd be a much more of an impact than DJ was.

A haul of Enaruna, Windham, and Jones would be pretty nice this off-season.
bluejayfan00

Postby #RollJays » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Would be nice. I think he'd be a much more of an impact than DJ was.

Definitely would be a nice addition on defense. Our shooters will also open a lot of lanes for him.
#RollJays

Postby ictjay » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Would be nice. I think he'd be a much more of an impact than DJ was.

Yes sir. Would be outstanding!
ictjay

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:46 pm

I said it on another board ----

If we insist on playing a guard at the 4, give me a guard with the size, frame and athleticism of Jones.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:53 pm

AttyAlum wrote:I said it on another board ----

If we insist on playing a guard at the 4, give me a guard with the size, frame and athleticism of Jones.

word is that is exactly why he's leaving Memphis. Not sure the 4 at Memphis has the same role as the 4 at Creighton tho. He was to be a scoring guard/slasher.
hilltopalum

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 pm

I am not so sure about Antwann. He has already “committed” to Oklahoma State, then “committed” to Texas A & M, then “committed” to Memphis. Coach Hardaway at Memphis, a player that always gave great effort, criticized Antwann’s effort and drive and focus. Averaged only 4.7 points per game in 16.7 minutes per game. All this despite being a 4 star recruit. All of this suggestive of a “head case” we probably don’t want on the team, especially now that we have Jalen committed who seems to bring much more to the table at the same position.
Alphawalt

Postby LJay » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Discovered that I had saved the Memphis game on DVR. He played a lot in that game but picked up his 4th foul with 10 minutes left. He then fouled out a couple minutes later. Impressions:

Very emotional player. When things were going well he was flying high and actually kind of mouthy to Martin at one point. When things went downhill he hung his head big time.

Not real fast, not a real leaper but athletic enough. Sort of built like Cashaw/Tyshon but a bit bigger.

Had a couple nice mid range jumpers. Missed the only 3 I saw taken. Jumper form is okay but not classic. He is a rebound hunter. When on the offside he stealthily works his way toward the hoop and picks up some O boards. I like that.

All in all a really nice prospect but needs to get his head under control. That would be the major task for the coaching staff.

Sidebar, forgot what a great game Bishop played with Martin in foul trouble. Man, his upside is GREAT!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby bluejayb13 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Alphawalt wrote:I am not so sure about Antwann. He has already “committed” to Oklahoma State, then “committed” to Texas A & M, then “committed” to Memphis. Coach Hardaway at Memphis, a player that always gave great effort, criticized Antwann’s effort and drive and focus. Averaged only 4.7 points per game in 16.7 minutes per game. All this despite being a 4 star recruit. All of this suggestive of a “head case” we probably don’t want on the team, especially now that we have Jalen committed who seems to bring much more to the table at the same position.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. People said the same thing about Foster when he came here.

**I'm not saying he will be Foster I am saying that I am willing to give the kid a chance since no one on here knows him or his mental state**
bluejayb13

Next

Return to Recruiting