Kerwin Walton 2020 SG

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Kerwin Walton 2020 SG

Postby CouncilBluffsJay » Wed May 04, 2022 2:11 pm

SeattleJay wrote:If the G league elite trials go really well for BS and he decides to go pro (I selfishly hope not and understand a few folks think it’s quite unlikely), is Kerwin still available at that time? Those trials end mid May.

That's kinda up to Kerwin I'd think. Maybe he wants to wait and if Baylor is really coming to Creighton or not. Maybe he wants to lock up a spot somewhere. All that said, I don't think we'll have to worry about it.
CouncilBluffsJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed May 04, 2022 2:44 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:ChicagoJay.
A very good look at KW's regression from Frosh to Soph.
However, you left out one metric: Coaching change.
He went from being a sterling frosh under Roy to...
doghouse dweller under lil Hubie. Hubie thinks denegration, fatmouthing,
and browbeating players is a way to motivate them.

Whichever team (UMinn, Drake, other) gets him will inherit a very good player.

No doubt - they had a good run with a very talented roster this year, but it will be interesting to see how well he'll be able to sustain that success. Sometimes coaches who are all fire do well to start, but struggle over time
Chicagojayfan

Postby ZMagic30 » Wed May 04, 2022 5:19 pm

The Kevin Ollie Experience
ZMagic30

Postby vivid_dude » Fri May 13, 2022 6:01 pm

Kerwin getting tryouts for NBA teams while maintaining college eligibility.

I don’t understand basketball anymore.
vivid_dude

Postby JayPak » Fri May 13, 2022 11:23 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Kerwin getting tryouts for NBA teams while maintaining college eligibility.

I don’t understand basketball anymore.

As long as McD and Blossom do, we'll be okay.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Jet915 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:32 pm

Hopefully we get some type of confirmation from Scheierman soon.
Jet915

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 31, 2022 8:08 pm

Creighton did not make Kerwin’s Final Five. No decision date yet. But when one is announced, expect the decision eight days later.

Maybe I’m too biased, but I firmly believe he’s a Jay if Scheierman commits elsewhere or announces right away he’s staying in the draft. There had to be something to that crystal ball, right? If I’m correct, and the crystal ball guy knew, think of what that means for Creighton as a program. We get back-up plans or consolation prizes that are recent 4-star recruits sought after by a bunch of great programs. But we pass.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:52 am

vivid_dude wrote:Creighton did not make Kerwin’s Final Five. No decision date yet. But when one is announced, expect the decision eight days later.

Maybe I’m too biased, but I firmly believe he’s a Jay if Scheierman commits elsewhere or announces right away he’s staying in the draft. There had to be something to that crystal ball, right? If I’m correct, and the crystal ball guy knew, think of what that means for Creighton as a program. We get back-up plans or consolation prizes that are recent 4-star recruits sought after by a bunch of great programs. But we pass.

Are you high?

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2022 ... creighton/
Jaysker12

Postby T-bone » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:04 am

Jaysker12 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Creighton did not make Kerwin’s Final Five. No decision date yet. But when one is announced, expect the decision eight days later.

Are you high?

I am going to bet vivid was not high but just missed the most recent news. I don't know him personally though so both could be true at the same time.
T-bone

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:09 am

T-bone wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:

Are you high?

I am going to bet vivid was not high but just missed the most recent news. I don't know him personally though so both could be true at the same time.

Don't know what either of you are talking about.

Vivid is saying that if we did NOT get Scheierman he thinks Walton would be here. But we took Scheierman instead. So Walton is a highly sought after guy who we essentially passed on or didn't make room for because we are now in a position to do that. But if Scheierman had picked somewhere other than Creighton or had made a quick decision to stay in the draft, we well could have landed Walton.

So . . . what does the linked story have to do with any of those thoughts? I think vivid knows Scheierman decided to come here. That's pretty much exactly what he's saying.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting