2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:07 pm

Mac in to see Tristan tonight.Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Jays hoping to nail down that Official. Seem to be in good shape with Tristan who could see minutes right away at the 4.

You wished he would look to be more of a scoring threat but there is a lot of abilities and talent in tow with Rivals150 forward Tristan Enaruna. He finished with just two points but what the Netherlands native does best is put pressure on the opposing unit with the under-control but shifty dribble-drive attack, playmake and defend different positions. Creighton dispatched an assistant for him as he will likely visit the Big East program after his season complete, though Illinois, Kansas and Miami are just three others that will be in the mix until the very end.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bishop-walsh-invitational-what-we-learned-heard-can-predict-to-happen
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm

From that little blurb describing his game, he sounds like a 6'8 Ballock without the shooting prowess. Especially the need to be more aggressive
bluejayfan00

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:40 pm

has grown a few inches this year, very all around game, needs to improve his 3 point stroke for sure but does all the rest. The thing that excites me is his ability to hound a player on defense. From a few of the clips i've seen he's long, and his Texas Tech offer and interest signals he's able to guard multiple position which has been a prerequisite to play for them
hilltopalum

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:From that little blurb describing his game, he sounds like a 6'8 Ballock without the shooting prowess. Especially the need to be more aggressive

It did mention his defense. We don't see that an awful lot about our recruits.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 am

I should get a look at Tristan in person on Saturday. I'll be out in Grand Island all day for the Heartland Hoops Classic and Wasatch is taking on Sunrise Christian (the high school team, not Shereef's) in the featured game.
JacobPadilla

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:35 am

Your firsthand observations will be a welcome addition to the current body of information.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:I should get a look at Tristan in person on Saturday. I'll be out in Grand Island all day for the Heartland Hoops Classic and Wasatch is taking on Sunrise Christian (the high school team, not Shereef's) in the featured game.

How'd he look?
bluejayfan00

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Enaruna didn't have a great day on Saturday, but his team is loaded. They apparently added a transfer from Texas named Caleb Lohner in January who is a top-100 player in 2020, they've got a top-100 2020 big man and they've got a 2019 Minnesota signee named Tre Williams that was really impressive at guard in addition to a few others.

He looks the part of a high-major 3/4 combo. Good height, decent frame. Hit one of his three 3s (one was a bad shot that was tightly contested and was an air ball as a result, so 1-2 on open looks). Had one really nice drive for a crafty reverse and had another drive later that he finished with his left hand, but he was only 3-8 from the field for 7 points. Missed a contested mid-range pull-up and also missed a tough runner, but I don't remember his other two misses. Got beat badly on a back cut and tried to take a really bad charge, but noticed him move his feet really well to stay in front of a guard in transition as well.

Overall, he was underwhelming on Saturday, but it was also just one game and he wasn't a major focus of what Wasatch was doing against Sunrise.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting