2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:10 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:If we get him I'd hope we put him at the 3. I really want to go towards getting a longer team over all. Its always pretty frustrating to see other teams with 3 starters over 6'6 with they jays only having 1.

I don't disagree, but who are we putting at the 4 next year then?

When has Creighton really had anybody you could call a 4 recently?

It's wings a big guy. That's Creighton.

Right, which is why I think Tristan should play spot. He has more of a wing skillset right now than Modestas or Mason does, or will be ready for. Antwann probably can play that spot, too.
bluejayfan00

Postby bleedblue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm

Ideally I'd like to see Bishop play the 4 and Kalk at the 5 but we'd need a team philosophy change in order to see that lineup
bleedblue

Postby LJay » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:If we get him I'd hope we put him at the 3. I really want to go towards getting a longer team over all. Its always pretty frustrating to see other teams with 3 starters over 6'6 with they jays only having 1.

I don't disagree, but who are we putting at the 4 next year then?

When has Creighton really had anybody you could call a 4 recently?

Toby Hegner three short years ago.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JayPak » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:36 am

But Toby had to play the 5 on defense.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby LJay » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 am

Then Martin at the 4 on offense.

The short memories here that CU hasn’t had a 4 since Doug are wrong. Cole Huff, Toby/Martin. It’s only been this recent team without a true 4.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:03 am

LJay wrote:Then Martin at the 4 on offense.

The short memories here that CU hasn’t had a 4 since Doug are wrong. Cole Huff, Toby/Martin. It’s only been this recent team without a true 4.

It is interesting that we all have this really short term view of what Creighton looks like that is formed by the recent era and our inability to recruit the 4 that I think Greg really wants which probably looks more like a Cole Huff. DJ was able to fill that role because of his over the top athleticism, but that's not the norm.

The only constant I see is that Greg optimizes what he has available based upon what he's recruited. If we think about Christian, I'm guessing Greg originally viewed him as the stretch 4, but the needs of the team dictated otherwise with the injuries and departures at the 5 spot.

Next year will be really interesting to test this theory based upon what we're able to bring in via transfers to add to the team we already have.
Ethanfor3

Postby section202jay » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:06 am

I don't care if we have a true 4 man or not. Just give me the best players.
section202jay

Postby REALITY » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 am

Ethanfor3 wrote:
LJay wrote:Then Martin at the 4 on offense.

It is interesting that we all have this really short term view of what Creighton looks like that is formed by the recent era and our inability to recruit the 4 that I think Greg really wants which probably looks more like a Cole Huff. DJ was able to fill that role because of his over the top athleticism, but that's not the norm.

The only constant I see is that Greg optimizes what he has available based upon what he's recruited. If we think about Christian, I'm guessing Greg originally viewed him as the stretch 4, but the needs of the team dictated otherwise with the injuries and departures at the 5 spot.

Next year will be really interesting to test this theory based upon what we're able to bring in via transfers to add to the team we already have.

The point re: Christian is definitely true.

Who we bring will be interesting not just from a stylistic point of view, but also from a program building point of view. Do we go after guys who only have a year or two of eligibility left to have experience at the positions where our freshman class + Rati and Modestas play to ease what could be a rough transition year? Or do we target younger guys who will compete with them? Someone like Parker Fox is the former while Zach Harvey, Kadary Richmond, and Donovan Williams are the latter (albeit Fox wouldn't necessarily have to compete for minutes given the gap at the 5 with CB transferring)
I suspect we'll end up taking whoever we get, though, because of Mac's comments...
REALITY

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:24 am

I hope we're reaching out to him. I think the potential is still there (despite a couple of not-so-great years at KU). He fits our scheme in a number of ways. While we've always thought of him as that stretch 4, I think he's a general wing as well, so we could go taller by having another of the stretch 4's on the roster paired with him playing more out on the wing - Think of the length of a lineup with Kalkbrenner, Modestas, Enaruna and either AOC or Jones on the floor at the same time.

We also have a really good S&C program that could help him get to the next level - at KU he looked to me like he needed a really good year of S&C to reach that potential
Chicagojayfan

Postby drbluejay » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 pm

I would like the Jays to sign forward Tristan Enaruna but you can never have too many guards.
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting