2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby #RollJays » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm

REALITY wrote:
ictjay wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Do they, though? Cause Enaruna certainly isn't option 1, or 2, for KU. Yet, the three Rivals recruiting analysts say that's where he 's headed.

That flew over your head. If KU still had 1 scholarship as they did 2 weeks ago, TE would be ours. They had 3 more desirable recruits in their cross-hairs. They now have 3, probably 4 schollies and just lost their #1 target last week. My comment was about a backup plan for CU. The bluebloods have quality players that will hold out for a spot. No such luxury at the other 250 programs.

Couple things

1) What's a "quality player?" Top 150 on recruiting indices? Instant starter? Guy who can give you 10 "good" minutes off the bench? 20 "good" minutes off the bench?
Is quality player not relative? You seem to see this as black and white - top 150 recruit, plain and simple. Of course only the bluebloods can get these types of guys to wait.
2) Why can't we get A-10/AAC/MWC level guys to do the same? It's the same sorta situation only with the "Overton Window" moved down a bit. And before talking down these guys think about someone like Toby Hegner. He was a Valley recruit but ended up being a pretty decent piece on a BE team and filled a critical role at the stretch 4 spot. Same thing with Hanson. We needed immediate depth at the 5 spot and he gave us good minutes.
And yes, I recognize that we're looking for someone that can play immediately and play well. We let Toby play a bit thru some rough patches in his RS freshman season but that was more out of need than anything else. We probably don't want to do that next season with a HS player. And with good reason.
3) So why not be more aggressive with grad transfers? With 3 scholarships available we can afford to go get a HS 4 and a grad transfer 4 who can be an instant impact guy. You still have room for another wing player. Plus any grad transfer is off the book after next season so you have those scholarships available again.
tl;dr Enaruna should still be our number one guy but it's realistic and makes sense for us to actually have a plan B that addresses the near term and long term hole at the 4 spot.

There's still a lot of time to find a stretch 4 if Enaruna doesn't pick us. Honestly, should probably play Martin and Bishop on the floor a lot more next year.
#RollJays

Postby Brendan259 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

ictjay wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Do they, though? Cause Enaruna certainly isn't option 1, or 2, for KU. Yet, the three Rivals recruiting analysts say that's where he 's headed.

That flew over your head. If KU still had 1 scholarship as they did 2 weeks ago, TE would be ours. They had 3 more desirable recruits in their cross-hairs. They now have 3, probably 4 schollies and just lost their #1 target last week. My comment was about a backup plan for CU. The bluebloods have quality players that will hold out for a spot. No such luxury at the other 250 programs.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Holyfield and Achiuwa. I think since Kansas had a bad recruiting year that Self is going to go hard after 2020 5-Star guys who can come in the following year. I'm sure that could potentially take some of TE minutes compared to us in his sophomore season.
Brendan259

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Brendan259 wrote:
ictjay wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Holyfield and Achiuwa. I think since Kansas had a bad recruiting year that Self is going to go hard after 2020 5-Star guys who can come in the following year. I'm sure that could potentially take some of TE minutes compared to us in his sophomore season.

Some of the 2020 5 star guys KU is going after might reclassify to 2019.
bluejayfan00

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:00 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:What''s the story with Turner?

He's not very good at basketball. Ignore highlights and watch him play in a real basketball game. It's not pretty.

Also, he transferred away from Omaha Central -- where he was going to start for a top-5 team -- to one of the worst teams in Class A in Omaha Northwest in June. He only played 13 games as a senior and only averaged like 10 points and 6 boards at 6'9." He has zero feel and bad hands.

Apparently Wyoming is taking a look and is going to offer though, which is a mistake in my opinion.'

It was very, very surface-level "interest" for Creighton on both guys. Due diligence, nothing more.
JacobPadilla

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

Good scoop... thanks Jacob.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:What''s the story with Turner?

He's not very good at basketball. Ignore highlights and watch him play in a real basketball game. It's not pretty.

Also, he transferred away from Omaha Central -- where he was going to start for a top-5 team -- to one of the worst teams in Class A in Omaha Northwest in June. He only played 13 games as a senior and only averaged like 10 points and 6 boards at 6'9." He has zero feel and bad hands.

Apparently Wyoming is taking a look and is going to offer though, which is a mistake in my opinion.'

It was very, very surface-level "interest" for Creighton on both guys. Due diligence, nothing more.

thanks Jacob,

even the highlights didn't look that good from what I saw of him, but they were pretty minimal. Seems like a long term project for a team like Wyoming, but I guess if they are going to take a high risk guy, it may as well be someone with some size and athleticism.

good to do due diligence in Omaha. Maybe helps the kids with a bit of feedback and maintains good relations with the coaches and programs.
Chicagojayfan

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Of note, Tristan's older brother Iyen, is at Cloud City CC in Kansas. He finished his freshman season averaging 6.5ppg - 6.0rpg. At 6-9, he too is long and athletic. Less polished offensive game than Tristan but sounds like he does a lot of the dirty work. Could be an interesting pitch to Tristan, package deal with his brother when he is eligible next year?
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:47 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Of note, Tristan's older brother Iyen, is at Cloud City CC in Kansas. He finished his freshman season averaging 6.5ppg - 6.0rpg. At 6-9, he too is long and athletic. Less polished offensive game than Tristan but sounds like he does a lot of the dirty work. Could be an interesting pitch to Tristan, package deal with his brother when he is eligible next year?

Is that a legit possibility? I doubt KU would take his brother as well.
bluejayfan00

Postby jayball » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:50 pm

I like where your head is at hilltop.
jayball

Postby mightyskid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Of note, Tristan's older brother Iyen, is at Cloud City CC in Kansas. He finished his freshman season averaging 6.5ppg - 6.0rpg. At 6-9, he too is long and athletic. Less polished offensive game than Tristan but sounds like he does a lot of the dirty work. Could be an interesting pitch to Tristan, package deal with his brother when he is eligible next year?

Cloud County CC

http://cloudtbirds.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/roster
mightyskid

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting