2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby REALITY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:The 3 rivals experts give their predictions on where the best remaining players in the 2019 class will sign. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... redictions

All 3 say Enaruna to Kansas. Welp. :shock:

This is why we should be asking about a backup plan to Tristan. Has the coaching staff learned since Bowen? It doesn't really seem like they have.
REALITY

Postby #RollJays » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 am

REALITY wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:The 3 rivals experts give their predictions on where the best remaining players in the 2019 class will sign. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... redictions

This is why we should be asking about a backup plan to Tristan. Has the coaching staff learned since Bowen? It doesn't really seem like they have.

I thought Hilltop mentioned awhile back the backup plan to Tristan was grad transfer stretch 4. Let's be honest tho, any backup plan to Tristan is going to be a much lower ranked player at this point.
#RollJays

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am

All 3 could be wrong, but the fact that not one of them said he'll come to CU is worrisome IMO
bluejayfan00

Postby ictjay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:22 am

#RollJays wrote:
REALITY wrote:

I thought Hilltop mentioned awhile back the backup plan to Tristan was grad transfer stretch 4. Let's be honest tho, any backup plan to Tristan is going to be a much lower ranked player at this point.

Still foggy on this "backup plan". Quality players do not wait to see if they are choice # 2. These guys know the pecking order with the schools who are recruiting them.
ictjay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am

Do they, though? Cause Enaruna certainly isn't option 1, or 2, for KU. Yet, the three Rivals recruiting analysts say that's where he 's headed.
bluejayfan00

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am

Where does Rivals make more $, at KU or CU? Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 am

:lol:
fritzpointer wrote:Where does Rivals make more $, at KU or CU? Go Jays!
bluejayfan00

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 am

bluejayfan00 wrote::lol:
fritzpointer wrote:Where does Rivals make more $, at KU or CU? Go Jays!

haha, so true!

Made me think of this:

"“The purpose of this magazine,” I pontificated, quoting the ad, “is to educate the reader in an entertaining way.” “The purpose of your magazine,” my father replied without looking up from his paper, “is the purpose of every magazine: to sell as many copies as it can.

That day, I began to be incredulous.”

a bit of Umberto Eco
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:Do they, though? Cause Enaruna certainly isn't option 1, or 2, for KU. Yet, the three Rivals recruiting analysts say that's where he 's headed.

That flew over your head. If KU still had 1 scholarship as they did 2 weeks ago, TE would be ours. They had 3 more desirable recruits in their cross-hairs. They now have 3, probably 4 schollies and just lost their #1 target last week. My comment was about a backup plan for CU. The bluebloods have quality players that will hold out for a spot. No such luxury at the other 250 programs.
ictjay

Postby REALITY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

ictjay wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Do they, though? Cause Enaruna certainly isn't option 1, or 2, for KU. Yet, the three Rivals recruiting analysts say that's where he 's headed.

That flew over your head. If KU still had 1 scholarship as they did 2 weeks ago, TE would be ours. They had 3 more desirable recruits in their cross-hairs. They now have 3, probably 4 schollies and just lost their #1 target last week. My comment was about a backup plan for CU. The bluebloods have quality players that will hold out for a spot. No such luxury at the other 250 programs.

Couple things

1) What's a "quality player?" Top 150 on recruiting indices? Instant starter? Guy who can give you 10 "good" minutes off the bench? 20 "good" minutes off the bench?
Is quality player not relative? You seem to see this as black and white - top 150 recruit, plain and simple. Of course only the bluebloods can get these types of guys to wait.
2) Why can't we get A-10/AAC/MWC level guys to do the same? It's the same sorta situation only with the "Overton Window" moved down a bit. And before talking down these guys think about someone like Toby Hegner. He was a Valley recruit but ended up being a pretty decent piece on a BE team and filled a critical role at the stretch 4 spot. Same thing with Hanson. We needed immediate depth at the 5 spot and he gave us good minutes.
And yes, I recognize that we're looking for someone that can play immediately and play well. We let Toby play a bit thru some rough patches in his RS freshman season but that was more out of need than anything else. We probably don't want to do that next season with a HS player. And with good reason.
3) So why not be more aggressive with grad transfers? With 3 scholarships available we can afford to go get a HS 4 and a grad transfer 4 who can be an instant impact guy. You still have room for another wing player. Plus any grad transfer is off the book after next season so you have those scholarships available again.
tl;dr Enaruna should still be our number one guy but it's realistic and makes sense for us to actually have a plan B that addresses the near term and long term hole at the 4 spot.
REALITY

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting