2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm

REALITY wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:I don't know if either of those guys are Big East level players.

Yeah, maybe not. But since they're not using any of our official visits there's certainly no harm in taking a look.
to me Wur's the more interesting of the two, but looks like a project. High risk, high reward.
I think we should be focusing on guys that can come in and immediately complement the core we have for the next two seasons though.

We've been pretty much spot on correct on every kid who's come out of Omaha the past few years. We have great relationships with all the local teams and get a lot them into our camps and can really evaluate and follow them.

Lok Wur's pretty interesting - working on qualification issues that seem to have kept some teams away. He's really long (big wingspan) and moves really well on the court. Also looks to have good hands and touch. Supposedly can shoot a bit outside, but didn't see any of that. He has some defensive skills we don't have right now.

Turner's pretty big and athletic, but was hardly able to find any video on him.

As I said, I like that the coaches are taking a good look at them. They've been right about guys all along locally, so if they think one of them can help, I'm not opposed. Wur might be a great case of a kid who they work with like they did with Thomas and Mitchell - put him in a prep school for a year that can work out his qualification issues and give him a year to grow into his body and skills.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Brendan259 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
REALITY wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:I don't know if either of those guys are Big East level players.

Yeah, maybe not. But since they're not using any of our official visits there's certainly no harm in taking a look.
to me Wur's the more interesting of the two, but looks like a project. High risk, high reward.
I think we should be focusing on guys that can come in and immediately complement the core we have for the next two seasons though.

We've been pretty much spot on correct on every kid who's come out of Omaha the past few years. We have great relationships with all the local teams and get a lot them into our camps and can really evaluate and follow them.

Lok Wur's pretty interesting - working on qualification issues that seem to have kept some teams away. He's really long (big wingspan) and moves really well on the court. Also looks to have good hands and touch. Supposedly can shoot a bit outside, but didn't see any of that. He has some defensive skills we don't have right now.

Turner's pretty big and athletic, but was hardly able to find any video on him.

As I said, I like that the coaches are taking a good look at them. They've been right about guys all along locally, so if they think one of them can help, I'm not opposed. Wur might be a great case of a kid who they work with like they did with Thomas and Mitchell - put him in a prep school for a year that can work out his qualification issues and give him a year to grow into his body and skills.

Would love to hear Jacobs analysis of these two since he probably has covered them a few times before.
Brendan259

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:00 pm

didn't find anything from Jacob, but did find this from Josh Krause. My comment would be that from the video those things seem true (although I didn't see the range on the clips I saw), but that also he looks like a kid whose best basketball is ahead of him still with his length and athleticism

https://twitter.com/ByJoshKrause/status ... 8121739264

Wur, a 6-foot-9 forward, is the #6 player in the @NEBHSRecruits 2019 Top 25. There is a lot to like with Wur, who sports a near 7-foot wingspan, good playmaking skills and excellent range from deep for a forward.
Chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

If we only have 3 open spots, then no to a project. If we have 4 spots however, I'd take one of these 2 Wur or Turner, as a project...whichever grades better. You can't teach size. Jacobs input is an excellent idea.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ictjay » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Jacob told me academics are a issue with Wur amongst several other red flags.
ictjay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm

What''s the story with Turner?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ictjay » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:What''s the story with Turner?

This was from a month ago,I was seeing athleticism and length, but.....
ictjay

Postby Realhoops » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 pm

ictjay wrote:Jacob told me academics are a issue with Wur amongst several other red flags.

Nice kid - but not a Big East level player even without all of the red flags that come with him.

He is committed to Eastern Florida, anyway.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby drbluejay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

What happened to the Tristan Enaruna thread? It seems to be missing.
drbluejay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am

The 3 rivals experts give their predictions on where the best remaining players in the 2019 class will sign. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... redictions

All 3 say Enaruna to Kansas. Welp. :shock:
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting