2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:17 am

Kansas having the last visit will make this tough. Hopefully we can convince Mom to have an extended stay in Omaha.
#RollJays

Postby REALITY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Can't say that I feel optimistic, but I'd love to be surprised.
Hopefully the coaches have learned from past mistakes and are keeping the irons hot with plans B and C.

Hilltop who do you think the staff prefers as the top backups? You've got the grad transfers Pierce and Yeboah and the HS prospects Meeks and Skogman. Anyone I'm missing?
REALITY

Postby ictjay » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 pm

REALITY wrote:Can't say that I feel optimistic, but I'd love to be surprised.
Hopefully the coaches have learned from past mistakes and are keeping the irons hot with plans B and C.

Hilltop who do you think the staff prefers as the top backups? You've got the grad transfers Pierce and Yeboah and the HS prospects Meeks and Skogman. Anyone I'm missing?

I'm sure the irons are hot for the 4-5 names on the recruiting page. Save one until they hear from TE. Those are the recruits.
ictjay

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Funny reading the Kansas board and them referring to Enaruna as a "warm body." Would be nice to see that type of arrogance get hit with some NCAA sanctions.
#RollJays

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 pm

ictjay wrote:
REALITY wrote:Can't say that I feel optimistic, but I'd love to be surprised.

I'm sure the irons are hot for the 4-5 names on the recruiting page. Save one until they hear from TE. Those are the recruits.

Went to the recruiting page...nothing there. Can you elaborate on those 4-5 names you referred to?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 pm

#RollJays wrote:Funny reading the Kansas board and them referring to Enaruna as a "warm body." Would be nice to see that type of arrogance get hit with some NCAA sanctions.

We need to really emphasize that attitude when he's visiting. Here, we have an immediate need and can make you an offensive star. To them, you are a "warm body"
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
#RollJays wrote:Funny reading the Kansas board and them referring to Enaruna as a "warm body." Would be nice to see that type of arrogance get hit with some NCAA sanctions.

We need to really emphasize that attitude when he's visiting. Here, we have an immediate need and can make you an offensive star. To them, you are a "warm body"

Agreed. That's the number one thing I'd hammer home. The thing is, with looking at their roster and their potential recruits, he may be more important to them then originally thought. Looks like Hurt is going to Duke, Achuiwa isn't too sold on KU, and the grad transfer they're looking at has other good schools in his final 5. I'm sure Self will make him feel like he's priority 1 regardless of what actually ends up happening if he heads there. I could see him getting blown away on his visit there, I mean it's Kansas. Then, he's the guy they're relying on for those minutes until some luck falls their way and they get someone maybe more highly ranked.
bluejayfan00

Postby REALITY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:

Agreed. That's the number one thing I'd hammer home. The thing is, with looking at their roster and their potential recruits, he may be more important to them then originally thought. Looks like Hurt is going to Duke, Achuiwa isn't too sold on KU, and the grad transfer they're looking at has other good schools in his final 5. I'm sure Self will make him feel like he's priority 1 regardless of what actually ends up happening if he heads there. I could see him getting blown away on his visit there, I mean it's Kansas. Then, he's the guy they're relying on for those minutes until some luck falls their way and they get someone maybe more highly ranked.

Sounds about right. He may well play a decent role at Kansas if things don't break their way or... he becomes Mychal Mulder 2.0.
REALITY

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Jays have kept it quiet but its clear they want Enaruna, a grad transfer guard/wing and another freshman in the backcourt. Tells me they are comfortable with where Martin's head is at.

Pierce is no longer a target. Utomi will likely head to a blueblood. Still obviously lots of moving pieces (see Hauser's) but think Martin back, TE and a grad transfer would be a home run off season.
hilltopalum

Postby REALITY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Jays have kept it quiet but its clear they want Enaruna, a grad transfer guard/wing and another freshman in the backcourt. Tells me they are comfortable with where Martin's head is at.

Pierce is no longer a target. Utomi will likely head to a blueblood. Still obviously lots of moving pieces (see Hauser's) but think Martin back, TE and a grad transfer would be a home run off season.

No, I get that. And sorry if I wasn't clear but I was really asking if we had backup plan at the 4 spot in case we don't get Enaruna. And who that would be.
REALITY

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting