2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State comm

Postby Trifecta » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:07 pm

LJay wrote:Again, our track record with washed out power school transfers is crap. Our record with strong mid-majors looking to move up is far better.

Never wanted Enaruna and have said so before. He showed nothing at KU.

Everyone is balled up based on the fact the team literally doesn’t have enough scholarship players to have a 5 on 5 scrimmage. I’m there too. However, new coaches come first in my book so let’s go there first.

Agreed. Staff hires need to in place first. And I think we'll have news soon on at least one, if not both, open coaching vacancies.

I don't know if you can definitely make that argument about power conference transfers vs. mid-major guys though. I think the success rate of the various players isn't necessarily tied to the conference they played in. For every Gregory Echenique/Marcus Foster you could have had a Kaleb Joseph. Conversely, for every Mo Watson/Damien Jefferson, you can get a Connor Cashaw or Manny Suarez. It probably just seems like we've had more luck with mid-majors because we've landed a much larger number of them during Mac's tenure.
Trifecta

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Trifecta wrote:
LJay wrote:Again, our track record with washed out power school transfers is crap. Our record with strong mid-majors looking to move up is far better.

Never wanted Enaruna and have said so before. He showed nothing at KU.

Everyone is balled up based on the fact the team literally doesn’t have enough scholarship players to have a 5 on 5 scrimmage. I’m there too. However, new coaches come first in my book so let’s go there first.

Agreed. Staff hires need to in place first. And I think we'll have news soon on at least one, if not both, open coaching vacancies.

I don't know if you can definitely make that argument about power conference transfers vs. mid-major guys though. I think the success rate of the various players isn't necessarily tied to the conference they played in. For every Gregory Echenique/Marcus Foster you could have had a Kaleb Joseph. Conversely, for every Mo Watson/Damien Jefferson, you can get a Connor Cashaw or Manny Suarez. It probably just seems like we've had more luck with mid-majors because we've landed a much larger number of them during Mac's tenure.

Echenique and Foster were not "washed up" major conference players. I think we are talking about major conference players who put up poor numbers but were highly recruited. Those dont seem to pan out very well....
Jet915

Postby jaybacker11 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:40 pm

Watching him on Cleveland St. right now - looks pretty solid and finally found a home. Wonder if he'd transfer after a solid junior season - 15.5pts per game, likely playing for a Horizon championship / tourney bid tomorrow
jaybacker11

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:24 pm

jaybacker11 wrote:Watching him on Cleveland St. right now - looks pretty solid and finally found a home. Wonder if he'd transfer after a solid junior season - 15.5pts per game, likely playing for a Horizon championship / tourney bid tomorrow

He may look for another landing spot, but he's essentially the same player he was the past few years, just with more shot opportunities. last year vs this year:

8.1 rebounds / 8.5
0.8 assists / 1.8 assists
1.2 blocks / 1.5 blocks
11.9 pts / 19.8 pts

TS% .580 vs. .559
3PT% 30% vs. 20%

Usage 16.3% vs 25%

by reference - Kaluma is at 24% for usage this year and is the highest among our starters. Alexander is at 21.1

Always interesting to see where kids develop after being highly recruited. I have to think that more opportunity early on may have helped him some, but he never really developed like we thought he might have. Good to see him find a place where he can play and have fun though
Chicagojayfan

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:05 pm

Plus he's doing it against MAC level competition vs elite.

I'm fine with our roster at his spot
cujaysfan

Postby #RollJays » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:11 pm

The MAC is better than the Horizon
#RollJays

Postby jays911 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:28 pm

Not impressive tonight. But if they had won, he would have been the first player ever to make the big dance three years in a row for three separate teams.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Previous

Return to Recruiting