2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am

Heading to Iowa State.

WBR Tom

Re: 2019 6’8 F Tristan Enaruna (KU transfer, Iowa State comm

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:29 am

Striking out all over the place. Hopefully adding assistants will help
bluejayfan00

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:31 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Striking out all over the place. Hopefully adding assistants will help

More than likely a numbers game for Enaruna. He already made the mistake of going somewhere where he'd be a deep option off the bench, and with us, he'd be competing with Miller, Modestas, Jones, AOC, and even Rati. If there's a place where we have some depth it's the stretch-4/wings
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Striking out all over the place. Hopefully adding assistants will help

More than likely a numbers game for Enaruna. He already made the mistake of going somewhere where he'd be a deep option off the bench, and with us, he'd be competing with Miller, Modestas, Jones, AOC, and even Rati. If there's a place where we have some depth it's the stretch-4/wings

Wait... what? Enaruna chose to not come here because he’s afraid of competition, when the competition you just listed is all unproven and shaky? I’m not sure what to even say. You’ve had a hell of a few weeks with your takes. It’s ok to not be a sunshine pumper 24/7, I promise you Greg McDermott doesn’t read your takes.
bluejayfan00

Postby Trifecta » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:

I don't see that at all - the only numbers game I can see is if he wants to put up more stats on a bad team. I'd take our roster over ISU's right now, even as currently constructed.

The 4 spot is where we are weakest and need the most depth IMO. Unless you are a fan of us continuing to play our guys out of position in the frontcourt. Rati is arguably a 1/2, and Jones & AOC should be wings. I can buy Jones at the 4 in a small-ball lineup. But we need size and length at our guard positions.

Miller is a prototypical 4 for Mac's offense, he's super talented, but he's a slight-ish built freshman with no D1 experience as of yet. Enaruna has played Power 6 basketball and probably could've been plugged in as a starter at either the 3 or the 4. I wouldn't expect him to be scared of competing for playing time at the 4 against a true frosh, a combo guard coming off a knee injury, a project guy we took a flyer on (Kancleris), or two transfers that should be wings but have shown equal or less upside than he has.

Our biggest off-season needs are backups at the 4 and 5 and a pure off-ball scorer right now. Hopefully, we can address this in the transfer market, but Enaruna would've been a big help.
Trifecta

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:

I must side with the others thus far in response to this opinion. I'm not buying this line of thinking in the slightest. Trifecta laid it out. From afar, the names mentioned aren't scary competition. A couple injured redshirt Euro freshmen, two guys who averaged about 6 minutes per game, and one Top 75 freshman? That's an environment a player looking to make an impact and get some minutes would love.

As CU fans, we have higher hopes for our guys and very clearly over-estimate how they are perceived outside the program, because I don't think "I really liked Creighton, but they have Modestas Kancleris" was on Mr. Enaruna's decision-making bingo card. He much more likely chose Iowa State - or decided against Creighton - for other reasons, IMO.
vivid_dude

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm

People's view of Enaruna as a 4 are mostly influenced by what they thought he would be coming into college. I can't remember him playing the 4 at all at Kansas and I don't think he thinks of himself as a 4 at all or even a stretch 4, for that matter.

Jones played more 4 last year than I think Enaruna did in the last 2 years at Kansas. He's a wing and think's he's a guard, if you think of those things differently.

As a wing/guard, he'd be behind AOC clearly and likely behind Jones if Miller takes the spot at the 4 and Jones plays more wing/guard.

When I listed where he'd fit in, I had him at Guard/Wing, not at the 4
Chicagojayfan

Postby Oldfan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:18 pm

Not sure he’d clearly be behind any of our wings
Oldfan

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Again, our track record with washed out power school transfers is crap. Our record with strong mid-majors looking to move up is far better.

Never wanted Enaruna and have said so before. He showed nothing at KU.

Everyone is balled up based on the fact the team literally doesn’t have enough scholarship players to have a 5 on 5 scrimmage. I’m there too. However, new coaches come first in my book so let’s go there first.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm

LJay wrote:Again, our track record with washed out power school transfers is crap. Our record with strong mid-majors looking to move up is far better.

Never wanted Enaruna and have said so before. He showed nothing at KU.

Everyone is balled up based on the fact the team literally doesn’t have enough scholarship players to have a 5 on 5 scrimmage. I’m there too. However, new coaches come first in my book so let’s go there first.

I was somewhat optimistic that a change of scenery would do him good, but he had a rep at Kansas for letting the game go by him, and was a 39% 2 PT shooter and 29% 3 PT shooter. I thought we could do a reclamation, but nothing in what he did at Kansas was impressive outside of some good practices every now and then
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting