Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2019 Wing AJ Lawson (Offered)

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:38 pm

#RollJays wrote:
LynchMob wrote:
ictjay wrote:Jays make it to Sweet 16, Elite 8 etc, they will get whomever they want. Amazing they are sustaining good recruiting year in and year out.

Well unfortunately there's no real possibility of that with a super short bench and three or four Big East-level players.

Little hyperbole... just a little.

Tyshon
Krampelj
Cashew
Ballock
Epperson
Zegarowski offers from Seton Hall, several Big Ten schools, Arizona St, VCU...
Bishop offers from Missouri & Wichita St.
Froling offers from Wichita St., Arizona & Maryland

Not to mention Mintz and Jefferson. We aren't going to turn into DePaul all of sudden.

Cashaw is coming from Rice and was our 50th choice for a transfer. Tyshon looked shaky at best last year. The rest haven't played. You've got Ballock and Krampelj as BE-level players, Tyshon and Epperson as maybes. That's not a team that's going to threaten to make a run, even if we get lucky and a freshman pans out.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:30 pm

LynchMob wrote:
ictjay wrote:Jays make it to Sweet 16, Elite 8 etc, they will get whomever they want. Amazing they are sustaining good recruiting year in and year out.

Well unfortunately there's no real possibility of that with a super short bench and three or four Big East-level players.

Fortunate for me, your opinion means nothing.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Fortunate for us all. And that he does not flip every team off that visits our home court.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 pm

LynchMob wrote:Cashaw is coming from Rice and was our 50th choice for a transfer. Tyshon looked shaky at best last year. The rest haven't played. You've got Ballock and Krampelj as BE-level players, Tyshon and Epperson as maybes. That's not a team that's going to threaten to make a run, even if we get lucky and a freshman pans out.

Where did you pick up that little nugget?

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Ignore him.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:13 am

So now the group delusion about McDermott's accomplishments includes an obligation to believe Cashaw was our first choice as a transfer, despite our public courting of literally dozens of others?

I hope Cashaw ends up with more trophies than Doug, but that won't change the fact that he only transferred in after we pursued other players for months, players that our staff believed were superior.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 am

LynchMob wrote:So now the group delusion about McDermott's accomplishments includes an obligation to believe Cashaw was our first choice as a transfer, despite our public courting of literally dozens of others?

I hope Cashaw ends up with more trophies than Doug, but that won't change the fact that he only transferred in after we pursued other players for months, players that our staff believed were superior.

We get it...you hate Mac...and by association apparently Doug as well (I would hate to hear what you have to say about Theresa and Sydney), and also every player Mac has ever recruited and landed. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Maybe look at the glass half-full once a month, just for starters, just to see what it feels like.

We all know Cashaw wasn't our first choice on the transfer market, but he's a Jay now and we'll all support him. Everything I've read about the kid makes it sound like he's a smart dude who is ready to work his ass off to help the team once he gets here in August. I'll take that any day of the week. He might not be All Big-East next year, but I'm still going to root for him.

Bottom line, the lasting impression he leaves on the program won't be a screen shot of him flipping off an opposing team...that (im)moral victory is all yours.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am

The only "maybe" for Epperson will be whether or not he will be voted on to any of the all Big East teams next year.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:21 am

The funniest part of that crap is his idea that he knows where Cashaw ranked in the minds of the staff in regard to their preferences.

He’s taking the fact that he was a late transfer, mixing it with the low key aspect of how it was handled (which was totally Cashaw’s doing), making the dumb leap that that means he’s naturally of lower quality, projecting that flawed conclusion onto the staff and what must be their own opinions, and then presenting it as the staff’s deep down feelings on the matter: hence, he’s our 50th choice.

If that’s not hitting for the message board cycle, I don’t know what is.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 am

T-bone wrote:Fortunate for us all. And that he does not flip every team off that visits our home court.

Wait, is this story written about LynchMob?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wideri ... rce=images
Post a reply