2019 Guard Shereef Mitchell (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2019 Guard Shereef Mitchell (Commit)

Postby WBR Tom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:18 pm

What great stuff. I transcribed a couple of the best quotes verbatim:

WBR Tom

Postby LJay » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 pm

How stupid to ask him that at this point in the process.

Journalism 2018: How to Rile folks up to get more clicks and views. <smh>
89 - 60
LJay

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Polyfro wrote:What great stuff. I transcribed a couple of the best quotes verbatim:

The order has been restored.
Thank you Dana, Mac, Fr. Lannon, all the players and fans!!!!!!
whiteandblue77

Postby RVB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Sautter: In Shereef Mitchell, Creighton gets a perfect fit for fast-paced Bluejay style

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recrui ... d7f92.html
RVB

Postby jayball » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Did you guys hear 1620 rehashing Sereef's UNL comments....glorious segment.

https://soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike-conduct-1/july-16-seg-10-creighton-commit-shereef-mitchells-comments-on-basketball-in-nebraska

"can't dispute Creighton's record against UNL.....not a laughing matter for UNL......especially with recruiting in Omaha....."

"If your Tim (miles) and you hear those things you have to cringe a little bit right?......especially the part about his peers regarding Creighton as the basketball school. Which you would say yeah of course they are they're the ones making the NCAA tournament and they don't have a football program"

"They are producing NBA players at a fairly strong rate"

"You remember the only show in the state comments....yeah probably not a smart thing to say"

"Shereef could have easily said I hear about UNL or see people was UNL gear"

"There's nobody wearing Nebraska gear......I hope that turns....but its gonna take some consecutive NCAA appearances.....some.....success."

"The Big East has affected this, the success"

"Those games on Fox look extraordinary......everything about the Creighton gameday atmosphere on TV screams big time".

"When I watch those games......incredible atmosphere....court looks fabulous.......it looks big time....because it is big time...."

"I look at it differently now...i was the Nebraska guy that looked down my nose at Creighton....now you can't do that."
jayball

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm

jayball wrote:Did you guys hear 1620 rehashing Sereef's UNL comments....glorious segment.

I might have to save that MP3 to my desktop to listen to when I'm having a bad day. Glorious segment is right -- especially hearing Steve Sipple, probably the biggest media cheerleader for UNL that exists, which is saying something because there's a lot of competition there, say those things. You can hear the exasperation in his voice as he tries to figure out a way to argue the points, or to spin them, before he throws his hands up and admits he can't dispute that it's true. :lol:
WBR Tom

Postby jays911 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:03 pm

That was classic, Jayball. Thanks for sharing.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Realhoops » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Have to love the caller who didn't want to say he was upset that the question about whether there would have been interest from Nebraska was asked, but clearly was upset that the question was even asked because it led to an answer of, "NO." And the follow-up caller who felt it was just too "leading" to ask about Creighton specifically instead of some very general and open-ended question about schools that exist on the planet.

God forbid those callers ever have to hear someone say that they don't live and die to go to UN.

Great segment to listen to. So much fun.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:13 pm

pretty fantastic

i think this is a case where it's impossible to argue because of who the messenger is in this case (plus it's the truth)

had it been another media member - someone from the creighton community - i wouldn't have been surprised if there had been the ole husker pushback
cujaysfan

Postby Venturajay » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Nice to hear. Having K.T. and Patton, Omaha Kids get drafted by the NBA will only continue to help CU with the Omaha pipeline in particular if they develop success and come back to Omaha and work with local kids.
Venturajay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting