2016 SF Kobe Paras (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 SF Kobe Paras (Commit)

Postby kenedy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:00 pm

We need him in our team....He's amazing one.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
kenedy

Postby GoKobe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

redeeming the thread

Blue Jay Fans,

I know most of you are experts here and know more about basketball than I do. I wanna know what Kobe needs to be done to be in the starting line-up for next year.

Regards,
Me
GoKobe

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 pm

GoKobe wrote:redeeming the thread

Blue Jay Fans,

I know most of you are experts here and know more about basketball than I do. I wanna know what Kobe needs to be done to be in the starting line-up for next year.

Regards,
Me

From what I've seen, he has a ton of athleticism. Needs to work on his jump shot and FT shooting are the biggest weaknesses I see. Defense probably too although he usually isn't playing against rotation players on the other team so would have to see more.
Jet915

Postby GoKobe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Jet915 wrote:
GoKobe wrote:redeeming the thread

Blue Jay Fans,

Regards,
Me

From what I've seen, he has a ton of athleticism. Needs to work on his jump shot and FT shooting are the biggest weaknesses I see. Defense probably too although he usually isn't playing against rotation players on the other team so would have to see more.

Do you get to watch him in practice?

Too bad for him the wings are loaded this year and have more experience than him..Next year probably he will play but two other wing guards are coming in to steal his spot..lol

thoughts?
GoKobe

Postby Panhandle Jay » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

Best thing for Kobe is honestly to have patience. Things always change a ton over the off-season and players come in fall practice/pre-season looking completely different. That means he needs to put in work over the summer.

Things that would put him above his peer competition would be defense and rebounding, because those are things this team will always need. He has greater height than most of our guards, so that could be an area to excel in. I don't watch practice though and I don't know Alexander's or Ballock's capabilities in those areas.

What really excites me about Paras is his height combined with athleticism and shot ability. He has one of the purest looking shots I have ever seen. He just needs to make them at a higher percentage. He also seems to have the ability to drive the basketball toward the rim and produce on the run.

That said, I don't know what could happen because Ronnie Harrell seems to have done a lot over last off-season as reported by those who watch practice. And yet Harrell's minutes got so low as to where he didn't even sniff the playing floor. So perhaps the key is to work hard and continue working hard once the season begins.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby GoKobe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 am

Panhandle Jay wrote:Best thing for Kobe is honestly to have patience. Things always change a ton over the off-season and players come in fall practice/pre-season looking completely different. That means he needs to put in work over the summer.

Things that would put him above his peer competition would be defense and rebounding, because those are things this team will always need. He has greater height than most of our guards, so that could be an area to excel in. I don't watch practice though and I don't know Alexander's or Ballock's capabilities in those areas.

What really excites me about Paras is his height combined with athleticism and shot ability. He has one of the purest looking shots I have ever seen. He just needs to make them at a higher percentage. He also seems to have the ability to drive the basketball toward the rim and produce on the run.

That said, I don't know what could happen because Ronnie Harrell seems to have done a lot over last off-season as reported by those who watch practice. And yet Harrell's minutes got so low as to where he didn't even sniff the playing floor. So perhaps the key is to work hard and continue working hard once the season begins.

so pretty much what are you saying here is that Kobe has to condition and strengthen his body over the summer.
GoKobe

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am

Ill just leave this here.... but dam.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Kobe and Jordan Scurry came down to the KFC to play pick-up with us on Friday. Jordan got a breakaway and just cleared the rim on a dunk. Kobe came down and showed him how it is supposed to be done. Slammed it through with one hand with his head near the rim.
JacobPadilla

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:43 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Kobe and Jordan Scurry came down to the KFC to play pick-up with us on Friday. Jordan got a breakaway and just cleared the rim on a dunk. Kobe came down and showed him how it is supposed to be done. Slammed it through with one hand with his head near the rim.

How many dunks did you have Jacob?
#RollJays

Postby GoKobe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:32 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Kobe and Jordan Scurry came down to the KFC to play pick-up with us on Friday. Jordan got a breakaway and just cleared the rim on a dunk. Kobe came down and showed him how it is supposed to be done. Slammed it through with one hand with his head near the rim.

That's sick.
GoKobe

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting