2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 pm

just for the sake of balance and levity...

Tugs has been MSU's to lose from the outset...Arizona is currently thought to be the leader in his recruitment-both great schools for differing reasons...and Surprise!...he picks Creighton as we are the best fit, with a system-of-play tailormade for his game.

Thanks for letting me share. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:44 am

I am still very optimistic Tugs will end up at CU. Looking at his and his mom's twitter accounts, there have been more recent posts referencing CU than the other schools he is considering. His mom even retweeted a quote from Bruce Rasmussen, none of the other schools' officials of places Tugs is considering were ever retweeted. I think it is between us and Arizona. In comparing: 1. Potential to be on powerhouse team next year - about equal, Arizona is also stacked, with more top recruits coming in next year. 2. Style of play - both schools have uptempo style, are fun to watch, and would equally showcase Tugs huge abilities. 3. Home crowds - equal, both schools sell out games. CU has higher average attendance because of larger arena. Fan base equally charged up. 4. Coaches - slight edge to Sean Miller, only beacause he has been consistently on top for more years. Also depends whether Tugs prefers high energy sometimes edgy Miller or cool customer McDermott. Both are clearly players' coaches. 5. Intangibles - does Tugs want smaller more intimate school or go to school with tens of thousands of students. Does Tugs want to be closer or further from home. Exposure - about the same, both major conferences. Weather and women - hopefully that is not a Tugs priority. 6. Education - don't know what Tugs wants to be after he plays in the NBA. Creighton has slight edge overall, but Arizona obviously offers more career paths due to its size.
Alphawalt

Postby Ethanfor3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:18 pm

I think we're right there, but there is one thing going on right now that might hurt our chances to land him....Patton is blowing up.

I'm sure Tugs would want to play with Patton and whether Patton looks like he will stay or go will have a big impact on whether he says yes to us. Patton blowing up the way he has is great for this year's team, but potentially a hit for next years team.

I'd love to see Patton back next year to work on his strength and post moves. I think it's in his long term best interest, but at this pace he might become a likely lottery pick based upon his potential. The lure of of between $4M and $12M guaranteed may become too strong of a pull.

Peace
Ethanfor3

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:25 pm

or he'll think that if Patton goes - it opens up a lot more shots for him

wash
cujaysfan

Postby cobajay » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Also gotta think it bodes well for us to show how we can develop and handle a player who is "one and done". The way Mac has handled Patton and his rise has been outstanding and let's these top recruits know that CU, and especially Mac, can coach up kids with raw talent and won't try to hold them back if the NBA does indeed come calling.
cobajay

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 am

McDonald's All American.
Jet915

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 am

Jet915 wrote:McDonald's All American.

good for Tugs - he should come play for Big Mac
cujaysfan

Postby Trifecta » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:34 pm

If we land him, would that be a first in modern program history? I know Big Ben was very highly rated, but were McDonald's All-Americans even a thing?
Trifecta

Postby DenverJay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Trifecta wrote:

If we land him, would that be a first in modern program history? I know Big Ben was very highly rated, but were McDonald's All-Americans even a thing?

Yes, McDonald's All American game started in 1978. Ben was an 1982 All-America, along with Kerry Trotter from Prep.
DenverJay

Postby CPJays » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:02 pm

La Lumiere on ESPNU pretty soon here if anyone else is in basketball mode after the X win.
CPJays

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting