2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Tugs taking pictures with Jays fans and favoriting a lot of tweets from Creighton fans :)
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:51 pm

robry wrote:From what I understand his mom would love for him to go to Creighton. I am sure Murph is in his ear today too

What have you heard/seen that makes you believe his mom wants him to choose CU?
bluejayfan00

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 pm

In my honest completely biased and uninformed opinion, it's down to us and Michigan St. as far as where Tugs ends up next year. Arizona definitely has a lot to offer with high class talent for years to come, but would Bowen get a chance to shine there? Also, is it too far for family to travel to see games? MSU is always a solid program, but they're going through a down stretch. Was very worried that he'd commit on the spot after the Michigan/MSU game, but his delay and the fact he came to Chicago to see the high-flying fun-system Bluejays knowing that NBA scouts come to our games has me very hopeful.

One way or another, there are going to be a lot of broken hearts after his commitment and I hope it's heartbreak emanating from East Lansing. Come on Tugs be a Jay!!
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jet915 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:12 pm

1h
Rob Anderson‏ @_robanderson
Creighton fans standing and clapping, chanting "We want _ _ _ _". I'd tell you what the blanks are, but that'd be illegal
Jet915

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 pm

His mom this week on her Twitter posted story of How to Play for My Dad written by Doug, and more significantly posted from ESPN insider article portion of the story about Creighton and Tugs comment about how he would be able to do a lot of things here. She did not post the portions of the article where positive comments were made about MSU and U of A. It is looking good!
Alphawalt

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Alphawalt wrote:That is a huge positive sign he went to watch the game today. Sounds very encouraging to me!

Yep. Agree 100%.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby yeti47 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:53 pm

As I previously stated. Larry Nassar situation is about to drop like a bomb on Michigan State as well, it's not going to be pretty for that university,fans, alumni,etc.
yeti47

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:23 am

yeti47 wrote:As I previously stated. Larry Nassar situation is about to drop like a bomb on Michigan State as well, it's not going to be pretty for that university,fans, alumni,etc.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... job-campus

AD cancelling his basketball-watching road trip to attend to negative press at the university. The positive for MSU is it in no way implicates the basketball team, but still these swirling negative acts on campus can't be settling for Bowen's mom.
Eye of the Jay

Postby yeti47 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:
yeti47 wrote:As I previously stated. Larry Nassar situation is about to drop like a bomb on Michigan State as well, it's not going to be pretty for that university,fans, alumni,etc.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... job-campus

AD cancelling his basketball-watching road trip to attend to negative press at the university. The positive for MSU is it in no way implicates the basketball team, but still these swirling negative acts on campus can't be settling for Bowen's mom.

As a Penn state football fan...Believe me...It will impact the basketball team as well.
yeti47

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:41 pm

WhiteandBlue77... Your new composite photo was a hit with Tugs and his mom (liked). I tweeted it and it has received several likes.

"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting