2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby minakirogue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Per this tweet, Tugs will be making his decision by the end of February. I think we've heard this one before....

https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/statu ... 9675120640
minakirogue

Postby Alphawalt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Tugs has made the list of top ten high school players in the Naismith player of the year award. Five of the ten players on the list have not yet committed. We will be very fortunate to get a top 10 one and done type of player if he chooses CU. We would be a really stacked team if Patton stays and Tyshon and Mitch continue to progress.
Alphawalt

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 pm

May I dream for a moment?

G Joseph - playmaker, experience
G Foster - break down off dribble, shooter, toughness
G Thomas - lock down defender, glue guy, toughness, finisher, stud
F Bowen - break down off dribble, talent
C Patton - NBA lottery pick

Off bench: Hegner, Mintz, Alexander, Ballock, Krampelj, Clement, Paras, Harrell, Dunkum (?)

If history is any indication, one or two of our bench guys will transfer. A freshman may redshirt (probably not Tugs). If a spot opens, dare I say, we need a big banger.
vivid_dude

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:06 pm

vivid_dude wrote:May I dream for a moment?

G Joseph - playmaker, experience
G Foster - break down off dribble, shooter, toughness
G Thomas - lock down defender, glue guy, toughness, finisher, stud
F Bowen - break down off dribble, talent
C Patton - NBA lottery pick

Off bench: Hegner, Mintz, Alexander, Ballock, Krampelj, Clement, Paras, Harrell, Dunkum (?)

If history is any indication, one or two of our bench guys will transfer. A freshman may redshirt (probably not Tugs). If a spot opens, dare I say, we need a big banger.

I've been dreaming of the same thing. That team would have to preseason top 15. But, I'm also scared of the lineup looking like :
Mintz/Joseph
Foster
Thomas
Hegner/Harrell/Krampelj
Hegner/Krampelj

After what the basketball gods did to us with Mo, they owe us Tugs and JP staying. And maybe landing Epperson/Blumbergs too ;)
bluejayfan00

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Some folks seem afraid to dream, so they keep it small n "realistic". However, dreams are by design, meant to be Big n Brash- breaking thru the limitations like hurricanes.

JP stays another year. No one leaves.
Jays get Tugs, and 2 foreign Bigs (Armus, Blumbergs, Epperson or IowaWest. Juco Lake)
Toby stays as 5/6/7th yr Grad. W/O, gives up scholie.

Lineup
KJ/Mintzy
Foster-TyShon-Mitch
Tugs-Khyri-Kobe
Hegner-Ronnie-Martin
Patton- and 2 of (Armus-Epperson-Blumbergs-IWCC Juco, De'Quon Lake)
Walkons - Clement, Scurry, Dunkum

If u r gonna Dream - Do it correctly!
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:11 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:If u r gonna Dream - Do it correctly!

That seems more like an LSD-induced hallucination than a dream. Or, maybe this sentiment applies to our good friend gtmo:

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
- T.E. Lawrence

Make it possible, gtmo! Start planning for that 200th year anniversary of Creighton (still one of my favorite BJU threads of all time).
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Lawrence's quotes tends to either intimidate or scare folks. I prefer this one:

“The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask "why not?" - John F. Kennedy

Coach gets everything he wants/needs in college basketball's version of an early Christmas.

Still no ¿celebrations? for the current centennial... I'll pass on the 200th- after all we have CU8493, CUFF, W&B77, cujaysfan, and others to carry on the impromptu gtmo traditions. :D ;)

Nearing 65 years...and already retired twice over, I am beginning to contemplate passing the torch and Bluenotes2.com to younger hands/minds.... I am open to PMs on the subject.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby KenoshaJay » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Just met Tugs and his mom at the DePaul game. Nice respectful young man. Wished him well for with his decision. Told him to be a Jay!
KenoshaJay

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:43 pm

That is a huge positive sign he went to watch the game today. Sounds very encouraging to me!
Alphawalt

Postby robry » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:49 pm

From what I understand his mom would love for him to go to Creighton. I am sure Murph is in his ear today too
robry

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting