2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby NUgradCUfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:08 pm

As it stands, a decision doesn't appear to be coming soon and the general consensus behind the scenes is that Bowen is keeping close tabs on what each program's roster will look like before making a decision.

Please come back Justin
NUgradCUfan

Postby Jeremyhauer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:38 pm

NUgradCUfan wrote:As it stands, a decision doesn't appear to be coming soon and the general consensus behind the scenes is that Bowen is keeping close tabs on what each program's roster will look like before making a decision.

Please come back Justin

My guess is that is referring to more of what AZ and MSU have as far as guys going to the NBA at his position than what Patton ends up deciding.
Jeremyhauer

Postby NUgradCUfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Jeremyhauer wrote:
NUgradCUfan wrote:As it stands, a decision doesn't appear to be coming soon and the general consensus behind the scenes is that Bowen is keeping close tabs on what each program's roster will look like before making a decision.

Please come back Justin

My guess is that is referring to more of what AZ and MSU have as far as guys going to the NBA at his position than what Patton ends up deciding.

I agree with you that was more just habit of me ending every post on this board with that.

Please come back Justin
NUgradCUfan

Postby Panhandle Jay » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:28 pm

I don't know anything about him, but I always kind of thought Arizona was the team to beat out for him anyway.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Wanting Justin to come back is a very real factor in Bowen's recruitment (not the only, but it's a big deal).

Take Justin off this team next year and suddenly we don't look like a top 20 team let alone a top 10 kind of team. All the other parts we have are very nice parts (assuming Foster comes back), but not necessarily Big east champion parts even with Bowen.

PG - Mintz / Joseph
SG - Foster / Ballock / Alexander
SG - Thomas / Paras / Ballock
PF - Bowen (?) / Hegner / Harrell
C - Hegner / Krampelj / Epperson (?)

I am friends with someone very close to the program and Justin's decision has a direct bearing on this deal. We could still land him if Justin leaves, but the odds become longer.

So, I'm all for a chant of "one more year," every time Justin goes to the free throw line tomorrow night.
Ethanfor3

Postby CreighTony » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:Wanting Justin to come back is a very real factor in Bowen's recruitment (not the only, but it's a big deal).

Take Justin off this team next year and suddenly we don't look like a top 20 team let alone a top 10 kind of team. All the other parts we have are very nice parts (assuming Foster comes back), but not necessarily Big east champion parts even with Bowen.

PG - Mintz / Joseph

I am friends with someone very close to the program and Justin's decision has a direct bearing on this deal. We could still land him if Justin leaves, but the odds become longer.

So, I'm all for a chant of "one more year," every time Justin goes to the free throw line tomorrow night.

Probably better to do it when St. Johns is shooting their free throws.
CreighTony

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:Wanting Justin to come back is a very real factor in Bowen's recruitment (not the only, but it's a big deal).

PG - Mintz / Joseph

By the way you worded that, it makes it sound like "your friend" is saying if JP comes back we have Bowen. That's the "deal"
bluejayfan00

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:

PG - Mintz / Joseph

By the way you worded that, it makes it sound like "your friend" is saying if JP comes back we have Bowen. That's the "deal"

I wouldn't say it that emphatically, but our odds increase significantly.

He's an 18 year old kid...who knows for sure what he'll do when push comes to shove, but from what I've heard the staff has done everything possible to make it happen.

But think about it logically, a team as configured above slipping Patton in at the C spot looks as talented as any team in the big east assuming our point guards develop between now and next year. Without Patton, we look like a Top 4 big east team that can't rebound to save their lives.
Ethanfor3

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:26 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't he have to potentially make his decision before these players decide if they're leaving or staying? It looks like the final signing day is April 12, but early draft entrants who want to test the waters at the NBA combine have until May 24 to decide to withdraw. So in our case he more than likely still won't know whether Patton is staying or leaving by the time he has to officially sign.
NUgradCUfan

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:30 am

I doubt Patton's decisions is holding Tugs up. I suspect he is more concerned about guys that play his actual position (and may thereby limit his playing time if they return to college instead of going pro) than he is about JP.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting