2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Also, to the poster who said I was a joke for thinking that name in the directory may have some meaning.....I told you so.

I reiterate the sentiment that Brian is not good enough to secure a spot in the first round of next year's draft. I guess you can quote me on that. Throughout his recruitment I never saw a player who screamed 'instant NBA talent'. If he comes in and proves he can shoot it from deep, maybe his stock solidifies. He could have an Otto Porter-type game at the next level, I just don't think he is to that skill level yet at this juncture in his career. There were going to be growing pains wherever he ended up. But his talent alone would have made it worth it, even if he wasn't producing at a high/efficient level. When I thought long term about his career, I was thinking about his second year at creighton - the year that would prove to scouts he was nba material, once he'd added some polish and consistency on his jumper. I still think that is what will end up happening. Here's to hoping he proves me wrong. Hopefully this concludes my thoughts about the end of his recruitment.
Jaysker12

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 pm

WTF????
whiteandblue77

Postby jayball » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 pm

jayball

Postby dgassman3 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:39 am

Saw some tweet that he is officially announcing at 4pm (i'm assuming eastern time) Saturday. Looks like things pointing to the U of L. Won't be a popular opinion, but I am actually a big UL fan as well as Creighton, so I ain't too mad. Maybe he will pull a shocker though.
dgassman3

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 am

I don't know you guys... I think we still have a chance.
Easypaddy

Postby Syajeulb » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Seriously, he is gone. I forbid this thread to exceed 106. FORBID!!
Syajeulb

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:23 pm

well, one way or another, we close the loop on ol' Tugs' Recruitment tomorrow. It's been one helluva ride for sure. Whatever school he chooses - good luck ahead Tugs. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Hopefully he can be our Marcus Foster Story Part II.

The door to Bluejay Nation will always be open to you Mr. Bowen, thanks for thinking of us.

Fare thee well (Dink's Song, Marcus Mumford & Oscar Isaac):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyPVBtLXk0
whiteandblue77

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:24 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Hopefully he can be our Marcus Foster Story Part II.

The door to Bluejay Nation will always be open to you Mr. Bowen, thanks for thinking of us.

Fare thee well (Dink's Song, Marcus Mumford & Oscar Isaac):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyPVBtLXk0

If he does end up at Louisville after all this - a school he's never mentioned during all of this recruiting saga -- I hope the staff slams that door shut and tells him not to bother coming back after he gets tired of picking splinters out of his ass all year for Pitino. Just my opinion and you can have yours.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby jayball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Fugs.

There are plenty of good basketball players. He is not the be all end all recruit. Time for all you desperate people to move on. I have zero respect for the kid or his family. There is no reason to beg or say "thank you for thinking of us". Jeebus.

We aren't a charity case just happy to be noticed.
Last edited by jayball on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayball

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting