2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby drbluejay » Wed May 03, 2017 9:26 am

Latest by 247sports
Michigan St. 32%
Depaul, 26%
Arizona, 16%
Foggy, 16%
Creighton 11%
I think the fact that Patton left and Marcus and Thomas were almost locks to start have hurt our chances lately.
Even with Marcus and Thomas starting, there would still be enough minutes to go around for 3 guys at 2 positions + extra minutes for Bowen if he started/played a few minutes at the 4 spot. I hope he comes to CU but I'm happy with the wings we have already and the 2 new guys for next year. We have a very good class of recruits w/ more to sign before May 17th.
drbluejay

Postby section221jay » Wed May 03, 2017 10:13 am

I've lost interest. DePaul a strong player now makes this whole saga almost laughable. If he doesn't pick creighton...which he isn't going to....i really hope he goes to depaul.
section221jay

Postby Jeremyhauer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

drbluejay wrote:Latest by 247sports
Michigan St. 32%
Depaul, 26%
Arizona, 16%
Foggy, 16%
Creighton 11%
I think the fact that Patton left and Marcus and Thomas were almost locks to start have hurt our chances lately.
Even with Marcus and Thomas starting, there would still be enough minutes to go around for 3 guys at 2 positions + extra minutes for Bowen if he started/played a few minutes at the 4 spot. I hope he comes to CU but I'm happy with the wings we have already and the 2 new guys for next year. We have a very good class of recruits w/ more to sign before May 17th.

Did you miss the momentum Creighton was gaining before the DePaul asst coaches hiring? Creighton pretty much has the 4 spot open for Tugs. Creighton was gaining momentum nationally AFTER JP and Marcus made their decisions. JP and Marcus decisions didn't have nearly the impact as Bridges and Trier coming back to Sparty and AZ. Most thought of Creighton as the slight favorite before DePaul's massive shakeup to go all in on getting Tugs.

As to those Crystal Balls. The Sparty ones are mostly smaller guys left over from the beginning of Tugs recruitment. Even the Sparty Insider doesn't have MSU picked for Tugs. AZ has lost most of their Crystal Ball predictions over the last couple of weeks and had them switched to Creighton by National guys like Jerry Meyer. That has all changed within the last week with the news of DePaul hiring Tug's HS coach and being interested in his AAU coach. Many of Creighton's Crystal Balls have been switched over to DePaul with the news.

The bolded sentence has been known for a while and has had nothing to do with our "chances" as of late.
Jeremyhauer

Postby yeti47 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:12 pm

My guess, Saurez... Gresham....Jarreau. Tugs might be going to DePaul. Have a feeling we cooked
yeti47

Postby Alphawalt » Thu May 04, 2017 8:43 am

DePaul is not going to be his choice. Tugs is out for number one, a mercenary, not beholden to coaches for whom he has played. By this way of thinking, he would have signed with local connection and relative legend following Michigan State. He wants to be THE MAN on a team that will go to the NCAA tourney and have a chance to go deep next year, not to a team that sucks. DePaul does not fit the profile of what he is truly looking for, not even media exposure or fan support.
Alphawalt

Postby Jays26 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 am

No way Bowen goes to DePaul, I don't care who they hire. He isn't throwing away his college experience.
Jays26

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu May 04, 2017 10:06 am

Jays26 wrote:No way Bowen goes to DePaul, I don't care who they hire. He isn't throwing away his college experience.

Whew. Glad to hear so definitively that all of the recent retweeting of DePaul news and commits by both him and his mom couldn't possibly mean anything.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Old MVC Days » Thu May 04, 2017 11:20 am

section221jay wrote:I've lost interest. DePaul a strong player now makes this whole saga almost laughable. If he doesn't pick creighton...which he isn't going to....i really hope he goes to depaul.

Exactly where I am.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 am

Old MVC Days wrote:
section221jay wrote:I've lost interest. DePaul a strong player now makes this whole saga almost laughable. If he doesn't pick creighton...which he isn't going to....i really hope he goes to depaul.

Exactly where I am.

Ditto. If we get him, awesome, but this whole thing is like a soap opera.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jays26 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Jays26 wrote:No way Bowen goes to DePaul, I don't care who they hire. He isn't throwing away his college experience.

Whew. Glad to hear so definitively that all of the recent retweeting of DePaul news and commits by both him and his mom couldn't possibly mean anything.

Hey worry about whatever trips your trigger.
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting